Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 09, 2024, 05:33:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any info about social clubs in Thailand??  (Read 12642 times)
Rodney
« on: August 24, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

Does anyone know of monthly organized "socials" in Thailand?  I can find plenty of Web intro services
but I am having difficulty locating simple gatherings of mairage minded individuals with minimal or no                                                cost.  preferably Bangkok.   Web addresses if you have them?

Thank you very much
Lonely and handsom and successful in Colorado.

FilipinaCupid
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Any info about social clubs in Thailand?..., posted by Rodney on Aug 24, 2001

They confirm what Nathan said.  They were very hesitant to date European or American men there.  All three met husband using my website or actually one was introduced as part of a personal search.

They did like living in Thailand so at least you should have a good trip to country full of much history.

Blessings on your search for true love,

Jean

Nathan
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Any info about social clubs in Thailand?..., posted by Rodney on Aug 24, 2001

Meeting women in Thailand? I lived there a year- both in the North and the south and it is NOT easy to meet
women in Thailand who are not "in the business".
The answer should be obvious- it is the sex industry capital of the world and women seen in the company of white men are assumed by most to be prostitutes. I was single at the time and I sure looked around, but mainstream society girls are very difficult to meet for most. There are of course exceptions, especially this one- asian women from nearby countries who are living in Thailand. They seem much more interested in meeting foreigners and usually have fewer
connections to worry about their status.

In addition, Thais are very proud people and often get around to reminding you that unlike their neighbors, Thailand was not colonized. Unlike the Philippines where mixed marriages and mixed blood children are held generally in high esteem, Thais seem nuetral at best about such
arrangements. The overwhelming assumption by Thais, especially around Bangkok, was that foreign men are there
to meet girls- as in for rent girls. One can tire of the fact that it seems that most Taxi drivers are also pimping girls and seem surprised if you are not interested( you must be gay)...well...my 2cents worth...

Nathan

Jeff S
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to for rent girls..., posted by Nathan on Aug 24, 2001

My ex-brother-in-law isn't exactly the "mainstream society girl" kind of guy, I guess. By asian women from other countries, do you mean Viet Namese, Lao and Cambodian refugees?
-- Jeff S.
Nathan
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to I stand corrected, posted by Jeff S on Aug 25, 2001

Asian women from other countries in Thailand might include Vietnamese, Lao, and Cambodian, as well as
Chinese, Filipinos, and Burmese-(mostly Shan) some were refugees. Others might be there for other reasons, as Jean mentions above. In addition, there are minority groups that
have lived in Thailand for some time that are not typically
Thai in their attitudes. Some of these people are treated as inferiors by Thais and so they do not care what Thais
think and will more readily have a connection to Western
men. In addition, there are some Thais at bottom of the
socio-economic mix in Thailand that may have a relationship
with a westerner...they are simply beyond caring what others think.
  Generally, I was NOT impressed with Thailand as a
place to meet a woman for marriage. After living in the Philippines and being married to a Filipina...I would have to agree with a comment I have heard...if you want to
meet a woman for a serious relationshhip...Thailand is for men who have not been to the Philippines.

my second 2cents worth...

Nathan

Nathan
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Thais..., posted by Nathan on Aug 25, 2001

As a follow up note...the nicest BY FAR most interesting
women I met in Thailand were Israeli girls...usually traveling in small groups as tourists, often on leave from the Army and Thailand is pretty cheap to vacation in...so it is popular with Israelis for that reason. If you have ever met or seen some of the Yemeni Israeli girls...well, if you have, you know they are often STUNNING and usually well educated and capable of interesting conversations and usually lacking the "..tude" problems so common in the USA
xx population.

Nathan

jon
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Israelis, posted by Nathan on Aug 25, 2001

It's true.

I went to Tel Avi on business 2 years ago and you should have seen the airport security: all beautiful women.  I really wanted to be detained.

My Israeli companion tried to marry me off to the woman I sat net to on the plane.

While eating dinner, another waitress started waiting on my table because she was interested in me.  It went no where as my companion didn't like her (never said this or why) and hussled me out.  I wonder how Karen is doing.

Jon

Mars
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to for rent girls..., posted by Nathan on Aug 24, 2001

I like it when a post has something to offer.....this is a good example of that.
Jeff S
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

I don't know of any organized socials but from what I understand Thailand is one of the easiest places in the world to meet women. One poster here told of office women putting business cards and cell phone numbers on his table and in his hand whenever his date went to the rest room while having lunch in the downtown financial district of Bangkok. My ex-brother-in-law (wife's sister's ex husband) is a merchant marine lives in Phuket probably 8-9 months per year whenever he's not aboard ship and says meeting young women interested in hooking up with an American is absolutely no problem at all. Just a quick point though, you say you're successful but want to find a service for "minimal or no cost"? Keep in mind that nothing about this endeavor will be inexpensive so if the cost of attending a party half way around the world is a show stopper, you may want to reconsider this technique for meeting possible life mates. Do you have something against letter wriing?

-- Jeff S.

tomtneal
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

you sound like a stuck up guy wanting to buy sex,maybe just go and look in the back streets.he he he
tneal
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: