Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 07, 2024, 10:19:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cartagena vs. Cali ?  (Read 3797 times)
Kit
« on: June 28, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

Any personal experience with those cities? Are there any differences in ladies from both places? Are there more gringoes go to Cali then to Cartagena? Are ladies any darker/lighter in Cali?
briloop3
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Cartagena vs. Cali ?, posted by Kit on Jun 28, 2002

I've been to Cartagena 6 times, and Bogota once. I've never been to Cali.

Compared to Bogota, the women, generally speaking, are of darker complexion in Cartagena.  There are noticeably more women of African descent in Cartagena than in Bogota.  However, I believe the tropical nature of Cartagena may have also contributed to the overall darker complexions.  Cartagena is more of an outdoor city than Bogota.  

Two things come to mind:  First, Cartagena was the port city where the Spanish brought in slaves from Africa, hence, there are more people of African descent there.  Second, I believe Bogota was settled by people of European origin, namely, the Spanish, and therefore, the population there has skin tones lighter than what you may find along the Caribbean coast.

Cali vet
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Cartagena vs. Cali ?, posted by Kit on Jun 28, 2002

It may come as a surprise to others as it did me. Cali has the largest black population of all Colombian cities. I don't remember the actual statistics but I read that recently in a special report in El Pais as I was returning from my last trip. According to the article the the ballooning black population there is due in part to a big influx from Buenaventura of persons displaced by the violence. I had it in my mind that Barranquilla and Cartagena had larger black populations. But to answer another question, yes, way more gringos go to Cali though I wouldn't take that as a bad thing. My impression is that Cartagena is a big destination for Europeans who come to Colombia wife-hunting.
greg
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Cartagena vs. Cali ?, posted by Cali vet on Jun 28, 2002

whats the difference? I thought the majority of Cali Latinas were white complexion and Cartagena Women dark complexion. Guess I got it backwards. Don't hear much about Cartagena Latinas, what do you know about them?
Cali vet
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Cartagena Women vs Cali Women, posted by greg on Jun 29, 2002

I can't speak for Cartagena but I think the population is similar to that of Barranquilla. My overall impression is that the woman are more dark complected on the coast Santa Marta to Cartagena but looking at their other features my guess is that that color derives from very dark skinned Indian populations that occupied the area before the Spaniards arrived.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: