Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 23, 2024, 02:45:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: edge, que tal la vaina???  (Read 11770 times)
Traveler
« on: April 12, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

malandro here.  I went to that place 'L Attico you told me about.  that was a great bar man.  

if any of you other bellacos want an alternative to Colombia (sacrilidge!!!) then try Venezuela.  not only are the chicks muy buena but the chances you will get kidnapped are extremely low.

bret
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to edge, que tal la vaina???, posted by Traveler on Apr 12, 2001

yo bro,

can you post a few details on ven. where you went, your recption from the people, available women, etc. i'm not a native speaker, but my spanish is plenty good enough for any situation!!!

thanks man, glad to see some info on something other than columbia.

bret

Traveler
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: edge, que tal la vaina???, posted by bret on Apr 13, 2001

if your Spanish is good then you are well on your way.

while Venezuela may not have the agencies that Colombia has there are other ways to meet women including at bars, clubs if you plan to go there or through the singles internet sites.  another great thing about Venezuela is you can actually go see the interior country without much worry of crime or guerilla activity as opposed to Colombia.  

therefore, Angel Falls and the junble, the mountains of Merida, the Amazon River basin, the Orinoco delta, and the beaches are all accessible.  In fact, the rural areas are much safer than in Caracas.  

Venezuela seems to be somewhat more organized than other latin american countries.  Caracas has a great subway system making a car totally unneccessary.  one time I saw a bunch of people lining the street and immediately thought there was some sort of crime or accident going on.  However when I got closer I realized that the people were actually just waiting in line to catch the bus.  if you've ever been to Latin america you know that waiting in line is generally not a ritual that latin people practice on a regular basis.

here are some highlights:

diving-Los Roques - Morrocoy
jungle adventures-Canaima
beaches-Puerto Colombia, Morrocoy, Margarita Island
mountain adventures-Merida (Merida is the home of the University de Los Andes.  Not only is it a beautiful setting but there are thousands of coeds walking around.  Check out Alfredos and the Birosca Carioca bar for nightlife.)

I find the women to be extremely attractive and friendly.  Venezuela  has black, Spanish, Indian, and other European influence so you get quite a variety exotic looking women.  There seems to be quite a few blonds (even natural) in Venezuela as well.  more so than in other countries I've visited.  

here are some recommendations for places to go in Caracas:

L Attico-American style pub, very popular
Greenwich PUb-tiny bar with great music
Angelos-disco

There are a multitude of discos and bars in Caracas.  The best places are in the Altamira, Las Mercedes, Sabana Grande area of Caracas.  Again, the subway makes getting around very convenient.

I stayed at a place in the Altamira area called Hotel Monserrat.  $45 a night.  adjacent to the subway stop.  L attico Pub and Greenwich Pub are located a couple blocks away.  there are restaurants and discos in that area.  You can't go wrong here.

Food is about half price of what it is in the states.  A good steak house is La Estancia.  

Gas is about 45 cents a gallon if you rent a car.  

a beer is about 40 cents in a tienda and a dollar or so in a pub.  

a picture speaks a thousand words, so if you like I can send you some photos.

bret
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to malandro says:  enough about Colombia, posted by Traveler on Apr 14, 2001

excellent post!!! thanks for the info. if you have some pix of ven. i'd like to see what the country looks like from a drifters point of view.

i have a lot of experience in cuba (from 1994 till now), so if that interests you, just say so and i'll post some of my experiences and opinions. it seems like you were living in puerto rico(if remember correctly from previous posts),so another caribbean country might not be of interest to you.

i also spent 6 months in argentina. man o' man, talk about hot women!!!

it seems like just about everyone on this board is interested in finding a wife (which i respect). but my search is on a different level! i can't remember how i found this board. i think i was looking for travel stories and found mail order something or the other. anyway, people here seemed to take everything so seriously that i got hooked, so i stop by here every 2 or 3 days.

i also studied spanish in costa rica for 6 months several years ago, but who needs info on c.r.? it's over the hill.

so, i'll take some pix on venezuela if you got time.....jbwf1@nospam.com    

i have some great b & w shots from cuba, but i gotta get a scanner....soon , i hope.

thanks again,   bret

Traveler
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: malandro says:  enough about Colombi..., posted by bret on Apr 14, 2001

while the travelers are not.  I'm with you, I'm not looking for a wife at least not in a foreign country.  I'll have to scan those pictures.  

yeah, I don't know why I'm here either but I do like to read what peoples impressions are when they go to latin america.

I've been to Santo Domingo a few times.  A lot of fat old european dudes with young black girls.  that's my impression of Cuba as well.  I don't know.  the people were great and not all girls were prostitutes of course  but when I travel I want to see the local culture, not hang out with a bunch of tourists looking to pick up a hoe in a seedy bar.  

let me know about argentina.  I've been to CR great place.

Edge
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to edge, que tal la vaina???, posted by Traveler on Apr 12, 2001

Nos alegro que volviste.  I am sure that hounddog (or Henry Johnson as he calls himself on lwl) is very happy to have you back as a contributor to the discussion board.  El le gusta vive acá y tambien ahora en lwl.  Sin embargo, el le gusta utilizar el nombre "Henry Johnson".  !Me alego que puedes volver aquí!

I think Henry is going to be able to learn alot from you, pero él tiene una mente demasiada cerrado y tambien, es débil.

I agree that Venezuela is fertile ground to find someone.  The lack of agencies is what keeps the gringos from going there.  But if someone can speak some español, Caracas and the other cities of Venezuela hold many a treasure for the man willing to search.

Cuidate.

stan stahi
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: !Hola Malandro!, posted by Edge on Apr 12, 2001

Well Houndog you have smeone else who seems to worry to much about you.. Even thou he posted in spanish do you notice he made sure to post in english too how nice of him.
Houndog
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: !Hola Malandro!, posted by Edge on Apr 12, 2001

I hunt TROLLS wherever I can find them....Ja Ja Ja !

Houndog

Traveler
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: !Hola malandope..!!!, posted by Houndog on Apr 12, 2001

dfd
Houndog
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to is that so Henry??, posted by Traveler on Apr 14, 2001

Yep it's so....you know, just for sport....some guys hunt ducks...some deer...I hunt TROLLS....actually more fun IMO....it's a fun tag, bag and release sport...LOL...

In the beggining it was tough going..but now it's so easy...I get quite a kick out of it..LOL...

Houndog

Traveler
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: is that so Henry??, posted by Houndog on Apr 14, 2001

if you are a troll on another board you're a troll here.
Houndog
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to why not stick the gun in your mouth then..., posted by Traveler on Apr 15, 2001

to ever consider something like that. Funny how the trolls on LWL got quite all of a sudden when I showed up..LOL..but I know all little trolls peep there heads out of their holes eventually...just like googy...you guys lay back and lick your wounds....let that resentment mokey on your back works its magic...LOL...and out peeps your beaks...LOL..makes my target practice more interesting...Thanks...

So I see you're ready to be tagged, bagged and thrown out with the garbage again....good for you...LOL...I like a Troll that doesn't quit whens he's a loser....stupid, pathetic, persistent trolls are the most fun....

A question for you Trolls while I'm at it....when are you guys going to get a girl..??...LOL...or maybe the real question is...do you Trolls even want a girl...LOL..at this point I'm beggining to suspect you guys don't like girls much...or is it that they just don't like you...LOL..

Houndog

Edge
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: !Hola malandope..!!!, posted by Houndog on Apr 12, 2001

Estoy seguro que tú no vas a admitir que extrañaba Malandro mucho ;-).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: