Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 07, 2024, 11:12:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: long time no see  (Read 5191 times)
Lori
« on: April 20, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Hi everyone long time no chat!! i see a few familiar faces here.

So tell me how is everyone doing??

Well, I got my divorce. Thai is still in America somehow. Go INS!!(LOL) I have'nt been doing much of anything but saving money. I'm leaving on a 30 day trip to thailand and cambodia in June. Not looking for a hubby but if I hook up with some really cute asian guy ,that'll be fine. I think with asian guys it's better to just have fun and then run like HELLL.

I've been dating this american guy (yes can u believe it?) , nothing too serious . There must be something to you balding potbellly guys, cuz I have'nt been happier in years. (snuggle, snuggle)

I'll never regret the experience I had with Thai though. It made me bitter for a while, yeah. But the eperience made me a bit worldly. I always say, not EVERYONE gets to be in a traditional Bhuddaist wedding, right? No matter what his family did to me, I still repect the asian culture and the asian people. I'll always be drawn to them. Personally, I think I was a beautiful  Thai cortisan in my previous life, but we'll never know .

Anyhoo, let me know what is going on with you gut
love ya !! --lori

joemc
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to long time no see, posted by Lori on Apr 20, 2005

Hi Lori,
      It's good hearing from you, hope you the best.
      keep in touch. A post from you sure enlights me
      from this board's politics.

joemc

Michael B
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Sure, I remember you and your experience. You got a raw deal, but came through it with courage and CLASS. Glad to see you back and hope for the best for you.
Windmill Boy
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Hi  Lori

Great to hear from you!  Glad  you are  getting back on your feet and back in the saddle.  Hope all is well with you and your daughters.  Proud of ya  that you are going back to thailand.

As  for me  I just returned from china last week with my fiance Kathryn in tow  and we are trying to get used to each other.  Going to inquire about the justice of the peace today about scheduling an appointment.  Real church wedding is going to be in june on the 25 th.

Great to hear from you,  we are always interested in how you are doing  so keep in the loop.

ERIC & KATHRYN

Tim
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

You have brought me out of lurk-mode. Nice to hear from you. Good to know you are moving forward with your life.

Wendy and I are still happily married, going on 5 years now.

Regards, Tim

Keith NC
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Hi Lori,

I don't know your story but I hope that you have a great time in Thailand and I am glad things are going well for you.

Keith

Bob S
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: long time no see, posted by Keith NC on Apr 20, 2005

Without going into details, Lori learned the hard way, as many of us have (myself included), that the world of international marriage can be fruaght with the hazzards of unscrupulous people.  But as a credit to her strength of character and resiliency, she has not been left embittered by the experience and chooses to see it as a positive growth experience.

So, to Lori, we give an "atta girl" and best wishes of support.  If thing don't work out with the new BF (watch out for them American guys, they're only after one thing!), I'll bet Jeff could fix you up with some mild-mannered hard-working salaryman. ;-)

And if there are any female lurkers reading this who are contemplating marriage to a foreign national, you're welcome to jump on in with any questions on visa or travel matters or whatever.  Though the situation may be different on other forums, most guys here are gentlemen (and a few old soreheads) willing to provide helpful advice and direction.

Bear
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Sorry you had to deal with all that.  Hope you have a wonderful life and find that guy who treat you and your daughter as you deserve to be treated.  

Quit telling people I've been dating you, I'm married! ;-)

The Bear Family

Jeff S
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Hi Lor. Good to hear from you and glad to hear you bounced back from your experience. Have fun in Thailand. My ex-brother-in-law (it`s complicated) spends most of his time and all his money in Phuket, Thailand - and absolutely loves it. Of course he`s a hard partying kind of guy. I`ve always wanted to visit Angkor Wat myself. Traveling alone? How`s the daughters doing?

I`m in Japan now, still married for 19+ years, and wouldn`t trade a minute of it for anything else. Keep us posted on your trip.

- Jeff

Bubba
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

It's nice to see you doing well, if you can post your vacation pictures when you return for us old folks back home.
Stephen
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Say....it's really great to hear from you.  I was just thinking about you last week.

Tess hasn't left me yet.  Keep your fingers crossed.

Don't make a stranger of yourself.  We love you.  You're a part of the family.

Stephen

Ray
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

It’s so nice to hear from you. I think you have a great attitude considering what you went through and I know you’ll do well in life. I always thought that you proved those guys wrong who were so hung up on the idea that all American women were evil bitches to be avoided at all costs (LOL).

Wow! Thirty days in Asia. I hope you have a safe trip and please keep us updated. Don't drink the water and take lots of pictures for Stephen :-)

I’ve been happily married for 5 years this month and life has never been better.

Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: