Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 06, 2024, 11:18:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question from Carmen  (Read 3346 times)
Minnesota guy
« on: August 16, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

Dear Board Members, I have question about my Mother. My husband, Bill, tell me to write and ask. I want her to come here and visit. Any idea how long it takes? She had TB last year now Doctor says no more. Her age is 59 and my Father is no longer alive. Is there internet site where I find out what paperwork I do? Salamat daan, Carmen
Ray
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Question from Carmen, posted by Minnesota guy on Aug 16, 2004

Hi Carmen,

If your mother just wants to visit here for a few months, she can apply for a B-2 visitor visa at the U.S. embassy in Manila. There is really no paperwork for you to do because she will need to apply herself over there. There is no medical exam required and the visa/application fee is $100. She will need a passport and NSO birth/marriage certificates. The paperwork and interview process can be a little intimidating, so she may want to get some assistance. If she has a friend or relative over there who has been through the process, maybe she can get some help from them. Or she can go to a reputable travel agency. Many travel agents have the knowledge and means to assist clients in obtaining a visitor visa for a reasonable fee. It would probably take about 2-3 months to normally process everything.

If you would like to petition your mother to live in the U.S. as a legal permanent resident, then you will have to obtain your U.S. citizenship first. Then you can petition her with a Form I-130, which normally takes 1-2 years to process. With a green card she can come and go with more flexibility.

You can read all about the requirements for B-2 visitor visas here:

http://usembassy.state.gov/manila/wwwh3024.html

Ray

Minnesota guy
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Question from Carmen, posted by Ray on Aug 16, 2004

Hi Ray, Thank-You for your response. I look up embassey website and saw all information about visa. I worry some because my Mother is poor and only has small bank account. Mostly she help take care of my nephews and nieces. I still hope they let her come. My husband said I should ask if anyone else have recent experiance bringing Mother here for a visit. Thanks again, Carmen
Stephen
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Question from Carmen, posted by Minnesota guy on Aug 17, 2004

Hello Carmen.

This is Stephen & Tess.

Good luck.  We will probably try and have Tess' parents visit with us next year.  Actually, I think after 3 weeks her Dad would get bored and want to go home and take care of his pigs and ducks.

It's good to have you post.  We like new faces around here.

Hope to get to know you better.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: