Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 25, 2024, 06:22:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My K1 file is lost by US Government?  (Read 3225 times)
Hamlet
« on: May 03, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

On March 25, 2004 the INS at the Nebraska Center approved my fiance visa application.  They then sent it to the National Visa Center in New Hampshire for processing.

On April 8, 2004 the National Visa Center approved the application and sent the physical file and an efile to the US Consulate in Saigon, Vietnam.

On April 29, 2004, having heard nothing, I emailed the US Consulate in Saigon for a status report.  They responded the same day and said that while they have received the efile, they have not received the physical file.  So I contacted the National Visa Center and they confirmed (in two telephone calls) that they sent the physical file to the US Consulate on April 8 via DHL.  They were not able to provide a tracking number but I assume DHL would have delivered it on about April 13.

Moments ago I called the US Consulate.  They repeated their position that they have not received the physical file and could not answer my questions regarding the likely whereabouts of a file that should have arrived at their office three weeks ago.  Despite that, the woman to whom I spoke told me that everything is in order and I should not worry.

Thus, it seems my file is lost.

Has anyone an informed opinion about this matter?  

Hamlet

senior citizen
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to My K1 file is lost by US Government?, posted by Hamlet on May 3, 2004

I hope this is all that is wrong, that they haven't entered it onto the computer.

I have a personal toll-free number. Honey says the kids have no excuse not to call that way. It just so happens that my personal toll-free number is one digit off, of one of DHL's customer service numbers. I get the most angry messages imagineable about lost/missing documents and shipments. Got one three days ago about some piece of machinery stuck at customs coming in to the US from Mexico. The lady, Heidi, was very upset because even though they have paid all the customs fees and things, the shipment is still sitting at customs awaiting payment of duties. They want to know what DHL did with their customs fees money, and demand that DHL express the shipment from the border to them. After the third frantic call on my voice mail in one day (we were out of town), I called this lady and told her I was not DHL, had her check the number and correct it in her file. She thanked me, saying that she got faster and better response from me than she ever did from from DHL.

Sorry to worry you, but I think you need to know that DHL is not, apparently, all that reliable nor are they, apparently, very truthful.

Hamlet
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to My K1 file is lost by US Government?, posted by Hamlet on May 3, 2004

I talked to the National Visa Center in New Hampshire again.  The agent there said probably the Consulate has received the physical file but they have not yet entered it into the computer and thus they report that it has not been received.

Makes sense.

Guess I'll just have to wait.

david hagar
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

Remember, Murphy's law, things happen.

Beattledog

Ray
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

Sometimes a congressional kick in the ass will do the trick. I would give them one more week. If the embassy still doesn't have it, contact your congressman's office. They get paid to do this stuff and they should have all the contacts in the State Dept so they can track it down for you.

Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: