Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 25, 2024, 07:20:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Manny Pacquiao  (Read 2301 times)
NOX1967
« on: May 14, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

Are there any other boxing fans here?

Did anyone watch Jaun Marquez -vs- Manny Pacquiao last weekend?

I thought Manny was really ripped off in that draw decision. I understood the judge that ruled for Pacquiao, and I can see how one judge ruled a draw, but the judge that ruled 115-110 for Marquez? Then again, it's always hard to win a decision over a sitting champion. Mannny will probably fight Erik Morales at 130 lbs this summer and should be able to take his title, then there should be a Marquez rematch, maybe by December.

Manny was still welcomed back to Philippines as a hero, and it's good to see somebody like him bringing the Philippines some positive attention in the western world.

Ron

senior citizen
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Manny Pacquiao , posted by NOX1967 on May 14, 2004

[This message has been edited by senior citizen]

It is quite unusual for a referee to allow four knockdowns in one round without calling the fight, even if there is no three-knockdown rule. Smells very funny to me.

But after the first round, Paquiao became rather one-dimensional and often took worse than he passed out. I also believe the judge in question did not score the round correctly, as it would have had to be a 10-6 round.

Looks like the fix was in, but what do you expect with Don King in the mix? He is the biggest problem in boxing today, and he should be turned over to those murderers who sawed the head off that American contractor. But then, he'd probably fit right in with them and wind up becoming their leader. I have several names for Don King, but I doubt I can use them here without being banned for life plus 300 years.

PS: Honey was incensed at the decision. I gather that Paquiao is like Rambo and Brad Pitt rolled into one in the eyes of the Philippines.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: