Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 04, 2024, 06:48:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jimbo: (N-400 Update)  (Read 2296 times)
Ray
« on: March 27, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

They cashed our check and we just got the Receipt Notice.

The NOA indicated that we overpaid the fee. We included one check for $310 ($260 application fee + $50 fingerprinting fee). The notice said they will refund the $50 overpayment within 30 days. I guess that she was probably fingerprinted at the Port of Entry (POE) on arrival, so she doesn’t need the fingerprints for the N-400(?).

For anyone else submitting a Form N-400 for naturalization, just to be safe, I recommend that you send two personal checks, one for the application fee and another separate one for the fingerprinting fee. That way, if the fingerprints are not required, they can simply return the check so you won’t have to want for a refund.

The NOA also indicated that we should expect to be notified of the date and place of the interview within 365 days.

Ray

Jimbo
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Jimbo: (N-400 Update), posted by Ray on Mar 27, 2004

Hi Ray,

We sent the $310 in one check also.  Sally was already fingerprinted way back when we applied for AOS, so maybe we will get the refund as well.

At the USCIS site the processing dates for the N-400 are shown for each district office.  Boston shows May 3, 2003; San Diego shows Jul 1, 2003.  I suppose that gap could change, depending on the backlog.

Jim

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: