Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 29, 2024, 08:06:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Please define terms like this from filipinas  (Read 15318 times)
outwest
« on: March 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

As a semi board regular who is corresponding with several
pinays, by chat, and email, i often see the terms in the letters,
and correspondence, Some of these have been addressed recently. Some
have had a few responses but, it would be nice to get a variety
of feedback, both from husbands, fiancees, and Pinays, on the board.

These are the terms I would like defined?

1)Simple, as in..."i am simple lady.

2)Filipina beauty...as in.."i am a filipina Beauty..."

3)God Fearing.......Does this mean living in fear of God and
that the lady is what would be called a "born again" in the US.

4)Financially Secure,,,,,,,,,,,I dont think this means a guy with
a great job, or nice house etc,,,,hopefully it just means, has
a decent job, and is not lazy.

5)I will think of some more, or feel free to add some if they
are not on here

shadow
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Please define terms like this from filip..., posted by outwest on Mar 22, 2001

After considerable experience in reading profiles, I interpret the following as;

Financially secure;  You must have a fat wallet, for I have no intention of helping you pay anything, and you must pay for anything I want. Only those willing to accomodate need apply.

Simple lady;   I don't wish to disclose much about myself. Possibly I have hidden things in my life that I do not wish to disclose.

Wish to meet man from other country, or go to other country;   I am a green card shark, I don't care who gets me out of here as long as someone does and I will reward them with dishonesty and lies and will leave them at first opportunity if things are not perfect.  

I'm sure someone will flame me for this, but it is my own interpretation, your KM may vary. Flame away.  Smiley  Larry.

tito
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to My interpretation., posted by shadow on Mar 24, 2001

Larry,

No flames to your silly post.Sorry you have been burned.I did read your post post on Mag Anak where you gave the chick 5,000 for a BC and then asked the audience "Does a BC cost 5,000"? If a pretty face turns your head to mush like that then you got a problem.I have learned in life when you point a finger at something or somebody you have three fingers pointing back at you.Time to look at yourself.You struck out where many people had success.What are the differences?

tito

curt
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: My interpretation., posted by tito on Mar 24, 2001

Thats deep tito...sounds like he was kidding and you are a bore.
tito
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: My interpretation., posted by curt on Mar 24, 2001

cbf,

You had to come all the way down here to dog me? LoL.Oh well, imitation is the sinceirest form of flattery:)Glad my original post to you hit home.Stop nitpickin all the time!

tito

rgg
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Please define terms like this from filip..., posted by outwest on Mar 22, 2001

Outwest,

As I Pinoy, I would like to interpret the usual responses of my kababayans:

Simple Girl --- plain, humble, uncomplicated person w/ unexciting life

Filipina Beauty -- small to medium height, brown complexion, flat, small nose, by Pinoy standards, unattractive.

God-fearing -- believes in God, goes to Church every Sunday  

Financially secured -- has a job or a regular income, either employed or has a business.  A Pinay asking this, "Are you financially secured?" is trying to gauge your economic standing, an important factor to reckon with if she intends to continue communicating with you.

Open-minded -- conservative but not prude, knowledgeable on relevant issues, especially on sex, marriage, etc.    rgg

tito
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Please define terms like this from f..., posted by rgg on Mar 23, 2001

rgg,

Thanks for the Pinoy perspective on the terms. I thought I had a pretty good idea of the meanings but you have added to my insight.I've enjoyed your posts.Take care.

tito

Jay
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Outwest,

1.)"simple lady", mean's conservitive, old fashioned, not flashy. As in simple tastes.

2.)"Filipina Beauty", doesen't really mean anything. Just usred to impress you with the international reputation (good one) of Filipina's, i.e. beatiful, loving and loyal.

3.)"God fearing", mean's believes in God.

4.)"fiancially secure", your right. In most cases it mean's just what you thought.

Jay

Zebson
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Outwest, I remember seeing "Open Minded" used quite a bit in penpal personals. And from an American guys perception,(ie:  it mostly means a hey anything goes type morality mindset) It always stopped me in my tracks, later I found out from my fiance it tends to indicate that the girl is just not stuffy, overly conservative, but is positive outgoing and friendly, etc.. This term can be a real misconception for a newbie at times.

Zeb

outwest
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to How about "Open Minded"..., posted by Zebson on Mar 22, 2001

One guy writing a filipina penpal described himself as
"easy going", the filipina pen pal did not like this at
all and was taken aback......she further explained to him
that she did not want a man who found it easy to go away
from his spouse or fiancee, perhaps going to the arms of
another woman....lol.
     I also find it funny sometimes when i am on chat.
I often ask the lady, if I have just met her, "are you in
school?".....the reply often comes back....No, i am at home
now...hehe...its funny the differences in language, I am
sure when i find my new wife, We will share many laughs over
the misunderstandings....
Michael B
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to "easy going" funny story, posted by outwest on Mar 22, 2001

My ex is from Costa Rica (no where near the Philipines, ha ha) but she attended a major US university before I ever even met her. She told me that at first that her English wasn't that good and when some of the guys going on spring break said they were going to Las Vegas to play the "slot machines" (however she actuall 'heard' a different word, one that Patrick's obsenity editor just rejected) she said "That's the most immoral and disgusting thing I've ever heard of, do you lazy Americans have a machine for EVERYTHING?"
Dave H
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to How about..., posted by Michael B on Mar 23, 2001

But, there is the "real" thing a little further down the road! ;o))

Dave "Gadget Man" H.

Zebson
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to "easy going" funny story, posted by outwest on Mar 22, 2001

That's pretty funny...And so true. We're on a real different wavelength from them communication wise at times...
sid
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

1) simple = uncomplicated, conservative, not fancy or requiring fancy doin's

2)Filipina (or Morena) beauty = dark hair, dark eyes, brown skin

3) God fearing = the Catholic equivalent of born againm i.e. a believer in the truth of the Bible and the supremacy of Christ Jesus

4)financially secure = employed

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: