Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 04, 2024, 07:24:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Da Trip page 6  (Read 1711 times)
Peter Lee
« on: September 16, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

Maricel’s uncle lives in a house paid for by the owner and earns a little for breeding chickens.  It was Sunday and everyone had a day off.  We went to the beach that day near his house and I was exposed to the rockiest beach I have ever seen.  Some one had a Motor tricycle and about 8.5 of em got on that and 4 with me on my bike.  There were no beach just rocks, to get to the water you had to step on slimy rocks, I needed shoes to wade out to water deep enough to swim.  No wonder few can swim it is hard to get to deep water.  So far, the city was so full of diesel and gas fumes people in the day were walking and riding with rags over there mouths to breathe.  Now I am on beaches without sand, rocky slippery and un-paradise like.  Back to the picnic, out came the pork, rice and an assortment of I am not sure what with plenty of Coke which I provided.  Nope, they had coke in the sory – sory store but no mangoes.  You won’t understand how disappointed I was not to find any white sandy beaches.  Remember, I live in Daytona Beach Florida and I was raised in Bondi Beach in Australia.  I heard that there were some islands on the west side that had some white sand but I didn’t see it.   One thing about Cebu city it had plenty of mangoes and coconuts in the city, which I took for granted while there and later to find that to be rare in other islands.  We went back to the Hotel after going as far as Bogo which is more North of the island than I wanted to go.  It was small towns and nasty rock bottom bays no beaches.  We stopped at a beach resort looked inside they were all empty expensive 1000 peso and no TV or air.  I passed on staying there and went back to our beloved Belavista hotel.  

To be continued: page 6

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: