Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 04, 2024, 05:25:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Da Trip page 7  (Read 1644 times)
Peter Lee
« on: September 16, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

I wanted to go to Palawan and found that there is no problem to fly but to take the motorbike you have to take the ferry to Iloilo in Panay the Western Visias then another ferry to Palawan.  
Getting on a ferry and taking a motorbike with you is a real “trip!”.  The test run was to go to the ferry with all the baggage on the bike.  Maricel bless her heart had to many sets of underwear 5 pants and half the SM mall on clothes.  I had a lot of stuff too.  Guys don’t bring a lot of clothes but have more stuff to make up for it, snorkel, fins, video cameras, chargers, tools flashlights ponchos you got the idea.   The bags were so heavy that Maricel says we should forget taking the motorbike and go without it.  That sounded like a challenge to me and the German came out in me and I got the bags on the bike and had her sit in the back without being cramped.  So the idea was that while we were waiting for our ten days to pass for our marriage license we could go on our un-wedding honeymoon.   For the ferry to except the bike for cargo you need a copy of your insurance and certificate of registration [COR] so I made 10 copies as each ferry needs a copy when you buy a ticket.  They finally loaded the bike on the ferry [four guys hand lifting the bike onto the boat and breaking the back plastic on the fender]  They tried to sell us the tourist cabin with air and private baths.  It was 1700 peso each, the econo class was 350 peso but the Deluxe was 480 each and 400 for the bike I took the Deluxe which consisted of being one deck higher and more of a breeze with less people, roosters crowing all night was no extra charge.  We left in the evening the ship was the Milagrosa J3 and arrived in the morning at Iloilo.  It was cheaper than a night in a hotel and more fun.
To be continued: page 7
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: