Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 06, 2024, 05:28:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: typical attitude, comes out  (Read 19644 times)
outwest
« on: March 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

After two months of emailing, the penpal on the net, I am not sure
if you guys remember my whole story, She asked me for money, I said
no, she cried etc, for two days after i said thats all she wanted me
for , a big blowup, etc, then i agreed, but reconsidered again, and
said no again, then the next day she gets "engaged" to another guy
she was talking to behind my back , i did not know about him.

I have since sent her many letters stating, that she was

1)a liar for talking to him behind my back while all the time
professing her undying devotion, and "I am true to you "

2)a User for agreeing to accept money from me, a rather large sum
(my fault for offering), and then 2 days later leaving me for
some chump, who proposes to her sight unseen.

3)The typical example of every mans worst nightmare , the type
of filipina we all try to avoid...

The funny thing is, she made a huge point to respond to every allegation, and accusation, from me, defending herself in every
instance point by point

As to the money, she said, "well , i just frank you about the money,
", (her english is not that good), So in other words its my fault
for offering to send it after she asked for it i guess.

As to the guy, she had told me that she used to have another internet
pal, which was fine, i had several, but when you start calling the
girl, spending hundreds of dollars on phone calls, etc, making plans
to visit, Well at least in my case, I was only corresponding with her
at that point, My mistake i guess. Apparently she was covering her bases well, and knew i would dump her in a second if she told me she
was talking to another guy, so she kept this little piece of info to
herself. By the way, she asked the other guy for money too.

Anyway, At first she was sweet, devoted(or so I thought) etc etc
etc, then the money issue came up, (supposedly she got robbed in a
taxi), then everything went downhill from therre, and her real character was exposed. I am lucky i saw this before i went over to
visit,

I found it very interesting that even though she was a user, a lied
to me constantly, and eventually got engaged to another guy she has
not even met yet, (or maybe not, who knows wat is the truth), and
she admitted to all of the above circumstances even, she is adamant
in her attempts to deny that she did anything wrong, the last letter
she sent,,,she said..."I dont need you anymore"...........that about
hits the nail on the head.

I must say that the last 3 weeks of posts, and my experience with
pinays recently have really opened my eyes.

I think the tragic flaw in the whole mail order bride scenario is.
that the men are trying to hook up with women who are so poor, and
its impossible , or very difficult to tell what the womans motivation
is,,,,I used to think that filipinas really liked americans, the way
we treat them, the way we look etc, but now i dont know what to think.

All I know is, that, I am going to take my time, and find a lady who
does not have 10 brothers and sisters, and who is somewhat educated,
and, who knows, i may give up all together.

Carrisse
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to typical attitude, comes out, posted by outwest on Mar 24, 2001

may not always be the best way.

Have a friend introduce you to the ladies.  Go to Mag-anak, most of the ladies there are friends of Mag-anakers.

PS. I have six bros and a sis....My sis introduced me to my hubby.  All six bros chaperoned us on our first date. Imagine one Pinay, one AM and six Pinoys going into a moviehouse, soooooo hilarious!

Jeff S
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to The MOB route, posted by Carrisse on Mar 25, 2001

That scene in "Good Morning Viet Nam" when Robin Wiliams took the whole family to see Beach Blanket Bingo.
cc
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to typical attitude, comes out, posted by outwest on Mar 24, 2001

The nice ones don't ask for money. Period!

Don't give up - you will find the "right one" eventually. I now consider "Heart-of-Asia" as the prime resource for addresses: They post 66 new ones every 3 days or so. I just returned from a 2 week trip to Baguio and Dumaguete and met 3 "Heart-of-Asia" penpals whom I had written for a few weeks. Each of these fine women I trust completely and would be willing to marry - it's a personal choice that I want to give it a bit more time and make another trip later this year to get to know each other better. Good luck!

Stephen
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

I agree with Don that 95% of Filipinos does'nt know how to use the internet. I myself haven't tried that ICQ & MIRC chatrooms only the simple email thing. I find it so boring setting down for hours talking to strangers. It's just a waste of time for me. But to those young Filipina Ladies, they find it cool.

The best thing for you to do is try another way of meeting Filipinas, maybe through friends. Stephen never had a hard time looking for a good Filipina, look he found me. It took us more than a year before we committed to each other. I know I found a gold in him and he a diamond in me. That makes me a goldigger too (lol)

I wish you luck...next time.

Tess

Ray
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

outwest,

For this woman, my advice is to just let it go. Her attitude isn't necessarily tpical and there are lots of good ones out there. You'll get over it and you sound like you're learning from past mistakes, which is a good sign.

Don't give up! You'll find the right one. Nobody ever said this was going to be easy.

I wish you luck,

Ray

don2222
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Hi Outwest,
 If you do not give up, then my suggestion to you is to
hop on a plane and see the Philippines in person.
It is a beautiful country, and you can have a great vacation there.  The penpal method may work for some, but that is not how I met Vilma.   My first trip to the PI was to learn more about the country and its people.  It is impossible to learn about the Philippines on the internet.  When you arrive in the PI you will see that it is completely different from America.  
 You will learn so much more about Filipinas by meeting them in person.  There are many Filipinas out there that will make wonderful wives, and are interested in more than just money.  What you need to consider is that 95% of Filipinos do not use the internet.   The few that do use the internet are exposed to the possibility of meeting hundreds of men.  Go meet the Filipinas in person.  Meet the ones that do not have penpals.  Meet the ones that have never even thought about marrying a foreigner.  Meet the "girl next door" types  that are too busy working and going to school to bother with an internet romance.  
Many of the Filipinas that you meet on the internet are the aggressive ones that will only cause you trouble.
Most of the good ones are too shy to persue you, you must go there and find them yourself.

Don

Ray
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: typical attitude, comes out, posted by don2222 on Mar 24, 2001

n/t
Bear
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

I guess its true what I have been hearing for years.  I guess you didn't.  If they want money - run.

Bear

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: