Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 21, 2024, 05:44:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Miramar hotel in Ermita?  (Read 9766 times)
gm
« on: March 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Does anyone know about the Miramar hotel that is close to the US embassy in Manila?  Is it a decent place to stay? What are room rates? And any other comments about this hotel is appreciated.
don2222
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Miramar hotel in Ermita?, posted by gm on Mar 24, 2001

It is a newly remodeled hotel directly across the street from the embassy.  There is a Wendys and Kenny Rogers
Roasters within walking distance of the hotel.
The rooms are big, clean, and comfortable.  I paid
only 1100 pesos per night (about $23).
The downside is that it will be noisy and dusty until
the remodeling is finished, and then the price will probably
double or more.
I looked at about ten hotels in the area, most of the cheaper hotels were too disgusting to consider.
The Miramar is a great value if you do not mind the noise
the workmen make from 8 to 5.
Robinsons Ermita is a really nice mall that is only a 40 peso ride from the hotel

Don

gm
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to It is where Vilma and I stayed, posted by don2222 on Mar 24, 2001

And do you know if they have a web site. Thanks.
don2222
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to do they have a good hotel restaurant?, posted by gm on Mar 25, 2001

Do not know about the web site, our taxi driver was the one that recommended the hotel.  BTW, most of the drivers were more polite and spoke better English than the ones I dealt with in Cebu.
There are two Filipino restaurants next door to the hotel.
You will find that there are many restaurants, banks, and
more within walking distance.  I always felt safe- day or night.  The only place I found an internet cafe was at the mall.   The hotel is also within walking distance of St. Lukes- the place she will go for the physical.
I went with my fiance to both the interview and the physical, I would suggest that you do the same.
There should be a map of the area included in packet 4

Don

cc
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Miramar hotel in Ermita?, posted by gm on Mar 24, 2001

I don't know about the Miramar but there are several dozen hotels in this area. Each has a wide variety of rooms, even within the same price class. Don't feel shy to look at another room if the one you got is not nice or too noisy!
gm
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Miramar hotel in Ermita?, posted by cc on Mar 24, 2001

The ones I am also considering are Star Boulevard, Bayview park, La Corona, Palm plaza ,and City Garden.  Any recommendations about these?
don2222
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to any of these  would you suggest?, posted by gm on Mar 25, 2001

I looked at Star Boulevard- it is a little too run down and depressing for me.
City Garden is across the street from St. Lukes, did not have a chance to look at the rooms.
Many of the cheaper hotels are below American standards, the best thing to do is just look and compare.
Many hotels in the Philippines are just not maintained very well, that is why I always try to look for a new hotel.
I once stayed in a 4 year old hotel in Negros.  It was the only place available, but it was so run down it looked like
some sleazy hotel from the 50's.

Don

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: