Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 08, 2024, 05:37:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Our K3 visa  (Read 3152 times)
Kreeger
« on: July 30, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

I just received the 2nd 'notice of action' saying that the petition was approved and it states that a packet will be sent to my wife with instructions on what she must do. What all is entailed for her to do after the packet arrives? I know at some point she will have to go to Manila for the physical but what else? After that, what is next?
Jeff S
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Our K3 visa, posted by Kreeger on Jul 30, 2003

Dave H
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

Hi Joe,

Just do whatever Ray says! LOL  It won't be long now. Good Luck to you and your wife!

Dave H.

Ray
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

Was the approval notice from Missouri or the NVC in New Hampshire? The NVC usually only take a week or two before they send it to Manila. When did you submit the K-3 petition?

By now she should have her passport, NSO birth cert, and NSO marriage cert. I also recommend that she get a recent copy of her baptismal cert if possible. She should be putting together the evidence of a valid marriage for the interview and you should be completing your I-134 and supporting documents. She will probably need to complete the CFO seminar when she applies for a passport.

She will get an appointment for an interview at the embassy probably within 1-2 months after your petition package reaches Manila.

The instructions that she gets with the packet will look something like this:

-----
Embassy of the United States of America
Consular Section - Immigrant Visa Unit
Manila, Philippines

Dear K-3/K-4 Visa Applicant:

You are invited to apply for a K-3 nonimmigrant visa as the spouse of a United States citizen or for a K--4 nonimmigrant visa as the unmarried, minor child of a K-3 applicant. The Embassy will give you an appointment to come for your visa interview.

K-3 and K-4 applicants are interviewed at the Embassy only on Fridays (except on holidays).

To apply for the K3/K4 visa, bring or complete the following documentation when you come to the Embassy for your interview:

1. PROOF OF PAYMENT. The application fee for a K3 or K4 nonimmigrant visa is US$100 (or the Philippine peso equivalent at the prevailing exchange rate) which should be paid at designated branches of the Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI) and Citibank. (see attached list) The bank will validate your payment on the DS-156 Nonimmigrant Visa Application form which you will find in this packet.

2. REQUIRED DOCUMENTS. It is important that you submit ALL the following requirements to facilitate the processing of your application. You will be asked to come for another appointment if you fail to bring any of these documents:

a. PASSPORT. You must have a passport valid for at least six (6) months. If you do not have one, you must apply in person at the Passport Division of the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA), Roxas Boulevard, Pasay City, Metro Manila. For passport renewal, you can call the DFA Information Center at 02-737-1000.

b. DS-156 NONIMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION (enclosed). You must submit two completed copies of this form.

c. BIRTH CERTIFICATE. Your birth certificate must be a copy issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO) and printed on NSO security paper. If applicable, you should also submit NSO birth certificates for all your children, even for those who are not applying for a visa. You may call the NSO Information Center at 02-737-1111 to inquire how to secure a birth certificate or visit their website at www.census.gov.ph.

d. MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE. Your marriage certificate must be a copy issued by the National Statistics Office and printed on NSO security paper.

e. EVIDENCE OF A GENUINE MARRIAGE. Letters, photographs, or other evidence of a genuine marital relationship must be submitted.

f. PROOF OF TERMINATION OF A PRIOR MARRIAGE. If applicable, official documents that prove all prior marriages have been legally terminated (divorce, annulment, or death) must be submitted.

g. NBI CLEARANCE. Applicants aged 16 years and older must have a valid Record Clearance for Travel Abroad Purposes from the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI). An official letter of explanation from the NBI is required for any notation of “No criminal record”, No pending criminal case” or “With derogatory record.” NBI is located along Taft Avenue in Manila.

h. POLICE CERTIFICATES. If you lived abroad for more than one year after turning 16 years old, a Police Certificate from these countries must be submitted. Information on how to secure police certificates is available at St. Luke’s Medical Extension Clinic where you must have your medical examination.

i. EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT. You must demonstrate that you will not become a public charge or be a burden on the U.S. government for financial support. Submit your petitioner’s most recent U.S. Federal Income Tax Return (Form 1040) and wage and tax Statements (Form W-2). Employment letters stating salaries and bank statements are acceptable. A completed I-134 form will be useful to the consular officer to evaluate your petitioner’s ability to be financially responsible for you. If your petitioner’s income falls short of the minimum requirement, a co-sponsor is necessary to cover for the difference.

j. VISA PHOTOGRAPHS. You must bring four (4) colored photographs printed according to given specifications (see attached guide) The specifications for visa photos should be strictly observed.

3. RESULTS OF THE MEDICAL EXAMINATION. All K3 and K4 visa applicants must complete a medical examination at the St. Luke’s Medical Center Extension Clinic (SLMCEC). There is a $95 fee for applicants who are older than 14 years old and $67 for applicants aged 14 years and younger. These fees are also payable in Philippine pesos. Important: Bring all of your application documents as listed above to SLMCEC. An SLMCEC employee will check and assemble your documents and seal these together with the results of your medical examination. DO NOT SEND ANY OF THE DOCUMENTS TO THE EMBASSY, AS YOU WILL BE DIRECTED BACK TO THE CLINIC. The St. Luke’s Medical Center Extension Clinic is located at 1177 J. Bocobo St., Ermita, Manila, telephone nos: 521-0020, 521-8647 or 524-6083.

Come to the Embassy on your appointed interview date. If you are eligible for a K-3 or K-4 visa, your passport with the approved visa attached will be delivered to the address you provided earlier to our Call Center. The Embassy uses a guaranteed courier service to handle its deliveries. In most cases, delivery will be within a few weeks from your interview. However, some cases may need further evaluation. This evaluation procedure may delay the approval of your visa application by several more weeks. Should we have questions about your application, we will return your passport via our courier, along with a letter asking you to submit additional documents or to come to the Embassy for another interview.

Important Reminders:

We will try to return all of the documents that you submit, but please do not give us anything that cannot be replaced.

Visas are attached on passports that are valid for at least six months. Since unexpected problems may occur while processing visa applications, we strongly suggest that applicants submit passports that are valid for at least one year. We will ask you to submit a new passport if your current one has a validity of less than six (6) months.

The K-3 or K-4 visa is not an immigrant visa, nor is it a legal permanent resident card (green card). It is a nonimmigrant visa that allows you to travel to the United States to join your petitioner for a maximum stay of two (2) years. You will still need to report to the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (BCIS) to adjust your status from a nonimmigrant alien to a legal permanent resident.

Children (derivatives) who are identified in the approved I-129F petition may follow to join their petitioned parent. However, they must do so within a year from the time the parent is issued the K visa. If the derivatives are not issued K visas within a year, they will no longer be able to derive immigration benefits from the I-129F petition.

Although we will make every effort to deliver your passport and visa as quickly as possible, we advise you not to finalize travel plans to the United States until you receive the visa.

Visit our website at: Http://philippines.usembassy.gov

*Should there be any dispute regarding the English and Filipino translations of this information, the English shall prevail.
-----

Ray

Kreeger
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Congratulations!, posted by Ray on Jul 31, 2003

...I knew I could count on you. I sent the K3 through Apex visa service (just to be sure I wouldn't screw up and forget something) and it was filed on June 13. I received my 1st NOA on June 24 and the 2nd NOA on July 29. I think it was handled by the MO NVC. I am in Washington statte. Thanks again.

Joe

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: