Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 06, 2024, 07:26:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: To boldly go where no man has gone before ..  (Read 13349 times)
Windmill Boy
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: To boldly go where no man has gone b..., posted by Ray on Jul 8, 2003

Ray

Pictures -  yes Though  it  could  be  a  long  time.  it  ain't cheap to  get  there.

Goat cheese I'll  pass  on.

It  is  bad  enough  that  Frenchy (my boss)  has  us  make  Goat milk  ice cream  at  work  sometimes ---  I  am  not  really  a  fan  of  the  stuff  or  other  Goat/ sheep / lamb  by products  

I  looked  at  both   the local Barnes  and  Nobles  and  Borders  and they  both  only  had 1  book available on  Mongolia  -- Lonely  planet guide  (2000)  From  what  I  have  read  the  local  cuise  is  not  very  great  and  rather  bland.  however  I  suppose I  do  not  have  to  worry  about  the  seafood  allergy  (since  they  are land  locked) like  I  had to  in Japan  ha ha ha.

Windy

Stephen
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: To boldly go where no man has gone b..., posted by Ray on Jul 8, 2003

I've already seen her photo.  She's really quite a nice looking lady.  And she seems very smart and nice.

By the way....Tess wants to see the San Diego zoo again.  When we go we'd like to have a meal with you and Megs.  Intereted?

(I promise not to tell any jokes!)

Stephen

Ray
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Hey Ray...., posted by Stephen on Jul 8, 2003

Sounds good. I'll call you tonight.

Ray

lswote
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to To boldly go where no man has gone befor..., posted by Windmill Boy on Jul 8, 2003

You are a very brave man.  You have my admiration for trying what most of us haven't even thought of.
Windmill Boy
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: To boldly go where no man has gone b..., posted by lswote on Jul 8, 2003

Iswote

Thanks  for  the  compliment.  But while I  am  up  for  the  adventure  of  this, a  visit to  Mongolia is  still  quite  a  ways off in  the  future  and I  have  cautioned  her  about  this.  I  might  look into having  her  come  to  Santa Barbara  to  visit  me  first  and  enjoy  our  perpetual  good  weather in  the  winter for  a  couple  of  weeks  while  it  is  increadibly  cold in Ulaan Baatar (coldest capital city  in  the  world).   But  as  they  say  Baby  steps  first  -- right?

Bob S
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: To boldly go where no man has go..., posted by Windmill Boy on Jul 9, 2003

Even though she's a professional, what, medic? given the economic and political state of her country, is it even possible to get her a visa to visit America?  It might still be easier to go visit her, or arrange a meeting in some third country (Beijing, Vladivostok, or whatever).
Windmill Boy
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: To boldly go ...., posted by Bob S on Jul 9, 2003

Bob

Definately good  points

Yes  I  have  only  Chipped into  1 %  of  the iceberg  so far  and  there  will  be  a  long  ways  to  go  and  research  and  learn.  I  actually  found  and  Bought  a  second  Book  on Mongolia  in  Santa Monica  yesterday.  I  read  that  it  is  a  30  hour  train ride  from  Bejing  to  Ulaan Baatar  but  boy  would  that be  a  ride.

Windmill Boy

Jeff S
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to slowly  chipping  away, posted by Windmill Boy on Jul 10, 2003

On a train bound for Ulan Baatar...

Take it away Dave!

Windmill Boy
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to On a warm summer's eve...., posted by Jeff S on Jul 11, 2003

Jeff  

I  found  out  that  I  have  a  Swedish  coworker  who  has  taken  the  Trans Siberian  railroad  before through  China Mongolia  and  Russia  to  Europe.  I  want  to  pick  her  brain  in  the  future on  this  trip.

In  a  book  that  I  got  it  says  the  train  ride  from  Bejing  to  Ulaan Battar takes  30  hours.

Years  ago  I  saw  a  documentary  on  the  Trans  Siberian  Railroad.  They  have to  lift  the  whole  Train body off  the  wheels  and  change to  a different set of  Wheels when  they  cross  from  Mongolia to  China because  China  has  a  different gauge  of  Railroad  tracks  so  that  they  cannot  be  invaded  by  rail  from  other  countries (Russia)  -- I  wonder  if  this  additional 4 - 6 hour wheel transfer procces  is  involved  in  the  30 hour train  trip?

windmill boy

Jeff S
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: On a warm summer's eve...., posted by Windmill Boy on Jul 15, 2003

The steps people take out of fear. As Ben Franklin once said, "He who would give up some freedoms in the interest of safety, deserves neither."

- Jeff

Dave H
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to On a warm summer's eve...., posted by Jeff S on Jul 11, 2003

Hi Jeff,

It has to contain the immortal line "Are we there yet?"  LOL

Dave H.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: