Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 06, 2024, 10:38:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Solo  (Read 7659 times)
Jay
« on: March 23, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

For anyone who's interested,

I finally did my first solo flight today. I can call myself a pilot. That's how pilots judge it, anyway. Once you've solo'ed, your a pilot.

I wrote a bit about it on the Nipa Hut for those interested, and will write a bit more about it later. Right now, I'm catching up on the war. What a clusterf@ck it seems to be becoming.

Jay

Peter Lee
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Solo, posted by Jay on Mar 23, 2003

Hey pilot congratulations!
Now you gotta jump out with a chute with 400lbs of stuff at 10,000 ft over Baghdad and we will be impressed LOL.  All war is a clusterf@ck.  That is why is is called war.   As long as they keep going and don't stop for anything till it is a democracy over there I'm a supporter.  Why do I have a feeling that's not going to happen?
Jay
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Solo, posted by Peter Lee on Mar 23, 2003

[This message has been edited by Jay]

Hi Peter,

Thanx!! No jumping out of perfectly good aircraft for me! LOL! I would happily ride an APC into Bagdad if I could, though. ;-) I agree, all war is a clusterf@ck. This seems to be no different. I hope we win this thing politicaly as well. I haven't seen any protesters in person here, but if I do, I'm gettin' out of the car swingin'! I can handle a misdemeanor assault charge. No biggie. It's only a day in jail and a small fine. I have worse things on my record. LOL! If that makes me wrong, then so be it. I see you were a paratrooper in Vietnam. I salute you. I am old enough to remember Vietnam well. Protesting is an American right, but I believe in time of war, this causes only division in our resolve to win. I can't stand it when I see and hear people saying they support the troops, but not the war. What a load of crap! They don't have to like the war, but don't go out making noise about it, unless you have good reason. They can't support the troops by saying that they (the troops) are doing the wrong thing and calling the CIC horrible names, accusing him of being a liar, thief and religious zealot etc. and questioning the Administrations motives. At least, not without good reason, which they don't have in this case, IMHO. We need to remember the lessons of Vietnam. However, I think too many either were too young, don't care or just hate President Bush so bad that they can't put it aside.

Any anti-war, left wing liberals want to flame me for this post, don't even try. I won't respond. Far as I am concerned, all of ya's can kiss my azz.

Anyway, I got off subject. Thanks again for your congrats, Peter and good luck with your Mahal. Red flags ARE hard to see, when your in love, Lord knows I've been there. Personally, so far I don't see anything in your post's that would concern me too much. Trust your instinct.

Jay

Peter Lee
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Solo, posted by Jay on Mar 24, 2003

Hey Jay!

Whoow there, one thing I learned in Vietnam was to act professional.  That is never getting emotional; if you do you become a mob.  You look at the opposition like a wise old man would; otherwise your emotions control you.  The only win here is if Iraq turns democratic.  If that don't happen it was all for nothing.  So let’s hope they go all the way this time.  I hope you were outraged when they stopped at the border in desert storm, I didn't hear anyone complain then, I was doing double flips?  I looked on in disbelief when they stopped at the border.  You didn't need to be a brain surgeon to figer Hussein was Insane.  Saddam us a Fox we had him and let him go, unbelievable we had most of his Army defeated once. Now we got to do it again.  What a waste of lives and resources. We are fighting a new kind of war.  Religious fanaticism it holds the whole Arab world together.  This is a tough one,  an American Moslem soldier just fraged 10 guys in a tent.  He opposed the war ha!   When this is over we will wish we were fighting Communists again.  

Here are 10 things to consider when voicing an opinion on this
Important issue:

1) President Bush and Saddam Hussein.....Hussein is the bad guy.

2) If you have faith in the United Nations to do the right thing, keep this in mind. They have Libya heading the Committee on Human Rights and Iraq heading the Global Disarmament Committee. Do your own math here.

3) If you use Google Search and type in "French Military Victories," your reply will be "Did you mean French Military Defeats?"

4) If your only anti-war slogan is "No war for oil," sue your school
district for allowing you to slip through the cracks and robbing you of the education you deserve.

5) Saddam and Bin Laden will not seek United Nations approval before they try to kill us.

6) Despite what some seem to believe, Martin Sheen is NOT the
President. He plays one on T.V.

7) Even if you are anti-war, you are still an "Infidel" and Bin Laden wants you dead, too.

Cool If you believe in a "vast right-wing conspiracy," but not in the
danger that Hussein poses, quit hanging out with the Dell computer dude.

9) We are trying to liberate them.

10) Whether you are for military action, or against it, our young men and women overseas are fighting for us to defend our right to speak out.
We all need to support them without reservation.
Peter Lee

Peter Lee
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Solo, posted by Jay on Mar 24, 2003

Hey Jay!

Whoow there, one thing I learned in Vietnam was to act professional.  That is never getting emotional; if you do you become a mob.  You look at the opposition like a wise old man would; otherwise your emotions control you.  The only win here is if Iraq turns democratic.  If that don't happen it was all for nothing.  So let’s hope they go all the way this time.  I hope you were outraged when they stopped at the border in desert storm, I didn't hear anyone complain then, I was doing double flips?  I looked on in disbelief when they stopped at the border.  You didn't need to be a brain surgeon to figer Hussein was Insane.  Saddam us a Fox we had him and let him go, unbelievable we had most of his Army defeated once. Now we got to do it again.  What a waste of lives and resources. We are fighting a new kind of war.  Religious fanaticism it holds the whole Arab world together.  This is a tough one,  an American Moslem soldier just fraged 10 guys in a tent.  He opposed the war ha!   When this is over we will wish we were fighting Communists again.  

Here are 10 things to consider when voicing an opinion on this
Important issue:

1) President Bush and Saddam Hussein.....Hussein is the bad guy.

2) If you have faith in the United Nations to do the right thing, keep this in mind. They have Libya heading the Committee on Human Rights and Iraq heading the Global Disarmament Committee. Do your own math here.

3) If you use Google Search and type in "French Military Victories," your reply will be "Did you mean French Military Defeats?"

4) If your only anti-war slogan is "No war for oil," sue your school
district for allowing you to slip through the cracks and robbing you of the education you deserve.

5) Saddam and Bin Laden will not seek United Nations approval before they try to kill us.

6) Despite what some seem to believe, Martin Sheen is NOT the
President. He plays one on T.V.

7) Even if you are anti-war, you are still an "Infidel" and Bin Laden wants you dead, too.

Cool If you believe in a "vast right-wing conspiracy," but not in the
danger that Hussein poses, quit hanging out with the Dell computer dude.

9) We are trying to liberate them.

10) Whether you are for military action, or against it, our young men and women overseas are fighting for us to defend our right to speak out.
We all need to support them without reservation.
Peter Lee

Jay
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Solo, posted by Peter Lee on Mar 24, 2003

Hi Peter,

Your right, I shouldn't get emotional. That was just another of my imfamous "first cup of coffee after waking up" post's. LOL! Also when I came home from the flight yesterday and saw the pics of the Americans executed with a shot to the forehead, and heard that some smiling Iraqi came into the room to prop up a body, I was livid thinking about the protesters. They just don't get it.

Jay

Peter Lee
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Solo, posted by Jay on Mar 24, 2003

OK Jay

Now you understand that you don't understand them LOL

Lets hope they turn that place into a democracy!

I have my fingers crossed that they complete the job in the endl.

Michael B
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Did they cut your shirt tail off and nail it to the wall?
Jay
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Solo, posted by Michael B on Mar 23, 2003

Hi Michael,

No, at my school they don't do that. They don't make a big fuss about it. They did give me a certificate though. Even put it in a frame. I was impressed. LOL! It just says that I solo'ed, Pompano Beach ATCT, Pompano Beach Fla., the date and is signed by the instructor and the ATC guy. Doesn't even mention the school name. Go figure. ;-)

Jay

Dave H
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Hi Jay the Pilot,

That Is FANTASTIC!!! YaaHoo!!! Now we have to address you as "Pilot Jay," like in the Philippines. Shocked)

Don't worry about the war. There are always a few fubars. Just sit back and watch those 2000 pound bombs pound the Iraqi Republican Guard facilities. It is prettier than Fourth of July fireworks.

Dave h.

Jay
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Congratulations Pilot!, posted by Dave H on Mar 23, 2003

Hey Dave,

Thanks again! I'm just surprised the Iraqi's are fighting back this time. Not at all like the Gulf war. How about the poor Brits? They have a bunch of casualties. All friendly fire and accidents! Criselda has been glued to the TV for the last 48 hrs. LOL!

Jay

Dave H
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Congratulations Pilot!, posted by Jay on Mar 23, 2003

Hi Jay,

I think that if we hang out (the real) Saddam's body in a public square, most Iraqis will quickly lose their will to fight and smack his body like a pinata. At present, they are afraid of retaliation if Saddam doesn't go...like after Desert Storm! No one likes being run through a shredder or watching their wife and children tortured to death...which is a very real possibility. I am sure that the Iraqi troops are being told that Saddam, his government and military are still very much in control and annihilating the Zionist American Anglo infidels...that deserters will be pay.

Dave H.

Stephen
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

asdf
Jay
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Congratulations (N), posted by Stephen on Mar 23, 2003

n/t

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: