Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 29, 2024, 01:58:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: clueless in Daytona  (Read 3043 times)
Peter Lee
« on: March 24, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

My puzzlement was when I was corting this girl in January her Aunt was trying very hard to get me to marry her with a judge in secret without the capacity for marrage with the US consulate.  I refused but couln't understand what that would have accomplished.  I met filipinas who were married to Americans who would see their husbands every 6 months 30 days at a time.  They were unable to process paperwork for visas without the husband doing it from the US.  It seems that some guys were leading a double life.   I was to go to a judge to get married in Cebu and he would hang on to the paperwork waiting for my fiance visa petition.  This made no sense to me at all.  Can anyone clue me in?   It seems that it would just benefit the guy to do that if he decides not to bring her to the US he is not married in the US.
I also heard that if he comes back and decides to marry again in a different town if the other wife don't know it he can marry again and again.  So I am clueless of why it would benefit for the Aunt to get me to marry in such a way before i left for the US.
Mita
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to clueless in Daytona, posted by Peter Lee on Mar 24, 2003

That's to bind you to your word and guarantee them the financial support that you would be obligated as a member of the family to provide.  The family seems to be messed up big time.  Be grateful you found out what you did before it was too late.
I'm sorry you had to go through this.  You sound like a good man, I'm sure you'll find someone more deserving.
Peter Lee
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: clueless in Daytona, posted by Mita on Mar 24, 2003

Thanks for da clue hehehe
Jimbo
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to clueless in Daytona, posted by Peter Lee on Mar 24, 2003

I think the Aunt sees it as a way to get you to help support her and her family for an extended period of time, without having to let go of her daughter.

Just one opinion,

Jim

Michael B
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to To set the hook, posted by Jimbo on Mar 24, 2003

"Oh, your honor, thi$ young innocient child married thi$ man in good faith, but he tricked her with bad paperwork and ha$ brought great $hame and lot$ of di$honor to our family"
Dave H
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: To set the hook...or could be..., posted by Michael B on Mar 24, 2003

[This message has been edited by Dave H]

Hi Peter,

You had posted the aunt was passing off her 17 year old daughter as 24 and communicating for her. That was a huge red flag that got many people to respond with warnings. The hope I had was that your fiancee had been raised diferently and the aunt had not been a big influence. Good Luck!

Dave H.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: