Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 03, 2024, 01:44:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fiancee Visa, two questions?  (Read 7415 times)
capt david
« on: February 01, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

In October I sent my check and application to the INS in Mesquite Texas. I recieved a reply dated October 28th. It stated that it was taking 60-90 days to process. It's been that long. What should I do? When I hear something from them I know that I need to send financial stuff. This should be easy as I own my condo and have lived and taught at the same place for 13 years. When I do hear from the INS, about how long from then do we both get approved and she can come here? Because her aunt is married to an American, she has completed all of the stuff she needs to do and been aproved for a passport. Thanks again, capt david
mudd
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Fiancee Visa, two questions?, posted by capt david on Feb 1, 2003

dont hold your breath, the INS in Laguna Niguel just updated their days from 64 to 235 for an approval. other INS offices are doing the same. aparently, some of the offices are not even working on K1's and all are in the process of switching to a new computer system, which means a long wait. call your INS office that you filed at, and check if they extended the dates, if so, send a nice letter to your local congressman ansking why a govenment office is lieing to people who filed K1 cases about processing times.
Ray
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Fiancee Visa, two questions?, posted by mudd on Feb 1, 2003

I was just curious where you got those numbers from. CSC's Processing Time Report for 1/1/03 said they are working on fiancée petitions received on 11/19/02. That's about a 41-day backlog. Though the published dates are not always accurate, they are usually within a couple of weeks or so.

Ray

mudd
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to 235 Days?, posted by Ray on Feb 1, 2003

where did you see that they posted as of 1/1/03 they were working on petitions received on 11/19/02?
Ray
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: 235 Days?, posted by mudd on Feb 2, 2003

http://www.immigration.com/processing-times/ca.html
mudd
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: 235 Days?, posted by Ray on Feb 2, 2003

here is a diffrent place where they say something completely diffrent about processing times.

http://www.visalaw.com/processing.html

Ray
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: 235 Days?, posted by mudd on Feb 2, 2003

Actually, it looks like they posted an old report from 11/05/02 with January's date on it. I could show you a dozen more attorney sites with the correct data as I posted above for CSC.

Those processing reports from the service centers are provided to AILA and made available to immigration lawyers. A lot of the lawyers post the reports on their Web sites for public information and some of the lawyers screw it all up (surprise, surprise!). The reason for the reports is to give the lawyers an idea which dates the service centers are working on so they will know when to send a follow-up request. If they have a petition that was received at least 30 days before the current processing date, then they can send a FAX request to the service center for a status check on the petition.

Some of the service centers are not very diligent in updating their processing time reports.

Ray

mudd
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to 235 Days?, posted by Ray on Feb 1, 2003

my first letter in november said that they were taking between 34 to 64 days to process a K1. well, when  64 days ran out, i called their status check line, and they changed it to 235 days. this is the Laguna Niguel office, so other offices are stating diffrent delays.
Ray
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Fiancee Visa, two questions?, posted by capt david on Feb 1, 2003

According to TSC, as of 1/15/03 they were working on fiancée petitions received on 10/11/02. Shouldn’t be much longer now.

When you get your 2nd NOA (approval), send a copy to your fiancée. If she already has her passport and other junk, she can phone the consulate and ask for the fiancée visa packet. Then she can get her medical done. You should have all of your documentation ready for your I-134 affidavit of support. As soon as you get the approval notice, have your I-134 notarized and forward it to her by FedEx.

If you do it that way, and with a little luck, you are probably looking at 6-8 weeks or so from the time you get the notice of approval until she gets her visa.

Ray

Craig
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Fiancee Visa, two questions?, posted by Ray on Feb 1, 2003

Ray they have been working on cases with that date 10/11/2002 for the last 3 months. It's at a standstill in Texas. I heard that Texas is not processing K-1's at this time and won't till Feb. So figure a 3 month backlog. It's time to call your congressmen.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: