Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
September 27, 2024, 02:31:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ukraine/russian economy  (Read 4653 times)
civi68
« on: March 20, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

For those of you wondering when the russian/american dating may end, according to the worldbank, if Russia and Ukraine grow at an average yearly rate of 7%, Russia will reach our standard of living in 27 years and ukraine in 41 years.
mike
tim360z
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to ukraine/russian economy, posted by civi68 on Mar 20, 2005

Very cute assumptions.  Don't place too much credence to the predictions.
LP
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: ukraine/russian economy, posted by tim360z on Mar 21, 2005

He's assuming our level stays the same. Since we're well on our way down we'll meet them halfway. Hell, they already have more freedom than we do...
wsbill
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to ukraine/russian economy, posted by civi68 on Mar 20, 2005

Inner city development and not in the country side.  From what I saw, it was a bad joke.   I was down by the Kiev trains station watching women build a railroad building and they were all up on wood framing putting a stucco like material on the outside of it... by hand!

I have the photograph around here somewhere.  It was interesting to see how we built buildings 100 years ago and how that technique hasn't changed since.

I seriously doubt if that time frame includes recession and expansion periods, so I'd put those figures time (x2).  They're a way's off.  

China is probably about 50 years off or better.  North Korea, no doubt 150 years out of the fold.  Their leader is like Stallin. (get it, stalling).

Lynn
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: I would speculate those years are fo..., posted by wsbill on Mar 20, 2005

Ahh, but you discount the strides of the Ford Foundation. We are looking more like the FSU every day and after all that is what the goal is --- isn't it? At least the ladies will feel more at "home".
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: