Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 02, 2024, 10:30:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sometimes this can be He11!!!!!!!  (Read 28295 times)
KenC
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Maybe you American guys have a disadvant..., posted by Haroshij on Dec 30, 2002

Haroshij,
I think you have made a good point as far as what RW expectations of America.  It is a clear advantage for Norwegians to fly under the radar too.  Too many RW base their expectations of America on the soap opera "Santa Barbara" or a dream life painted in their minds by American men.  Unfortunately, we American men are conditioned by American women to lead with what is important to them: job status, homes, cars and other material possessions.  It is best to build a relationship on heartfelt emotions and down play the financial rewards.
KenC
fishtiger
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Maybe you American guys have a disad..., posted by KenC on Dec 30, 2002

Ken
You mentioned the soap Santa Barbara. Is that a USA
soap or a soap the gals see in Russia? How does it depict men and women in the USA?
KenC
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to What is Santa Barbara?Ken, posted by fishtiger on Dec 31, 2002

Fishtiger,
It is the US soap that is very popular in Russia.  From my understanding, it depicts a lifestyle of the rich & famous.  Think, coastal "Dallas".  It sets unrealistic expectations for life in America for some FSU women.
KenC
Pordzhik
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Maybe you American guys have a disad..., posted by KenC on Dec 30, 2002

Pordzhik
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Maybe you American guys have a disadvant..., posted by Haroshij on Dec 30, 2002

During my search I remember a lot of RW womens profiles requesting an American husband or one from any paticular country. I dismissed them at once because surely a sincere girl trying to find a loving husband would not put such geographic limits on her search for true love?

They often percieve the USA to be the richest country in the world. It's no wonder that you Americans seem to be attracting all the sharks, and if you are just a usual bloke earning $30,000 per year, that will seem like fabulous wealth to the average RW, indeed it would be IF you had $30,000 per year over there, but your lifestyle could be a big let-down when she arrives.

Read and study what these women write in their profiles. If they specify an American, then that is your first and foremost attraction for her, everything else you've got going for you is secondary. If she markets herself as a traditional woman, that means she expects you to pay for everything and never contribute to household expenses. If she has those model like studio photos, then she has invested a lot in her search to ensnare.

Find out if she has friends or relatives in your country (a no no of the biggest order).

Stevo
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to I agree, posted by Pordzhik on Dec 30, 2002

"...if you are just a usual bloke earning $30,000 per year, that will seem like fabulous wealth to the average RW, indeed it would be IF you had $30,000 per year over there, but your lifestyle could be a big let-down when she arrives."

If someone is contemplating seeking an FSU bride at that level of income in the USA, they are wasting their time.  The woman will be beyond disappointed (i.e., she'll be gone in a heartbeat).  These women are not looking to move from one poor situation to another one in a different country (why would they?).  If you can't provide your FSU bride with a MUCH better lifestyle than the one she is leaving behind...then don't bother.  You are just a dreamer.

KenC
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to I agree, posted by Pordzhik on Dec 30, 2002

[This message has been edited by KenC]

Pordzhik,
I would see a "traditional" RW as one that would work and contribute financially as most do in their Motherland.  Working women were the backbone of the Communist government.  Putting too fine of a microscope on the English words used in a profile is also not a good idea.  English is not their native language and many misinterpretations abound.  An example could be the use of "family".  I always thought that if a RW used "have a nice family" that it meant she wanted children.  My wife uses "family" to describe just the two of us.  As for having photos that are too good, I don't get it.  Would you try to attract attention with photos that were not the best?  So, men should only consider women that have BAD photos?  Sorry, but your conclusions are way off the mark in my opinion.
KenC
Pordzhik
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to I don't, posted by KenC on Dec 30, 2002

That was the point I was making, so guys should study and understand how these women make use of English in the profiles.

You will see so many of them telling what wonderfull cookers they are and how all they want is to make coziness in the home and have super meals ready for when her husband comes home. What does this mean? I see a lot of them are just trying to get away from the need to have a job at all. If this is what the man wants....that's fine. But when guys start complaining about the RW who won't get a job and spends all his money??

How many profiles have you read where the woman tells that she wants to further her career and contribute with her husband to the upkeep of the family home? ($10 to the first who can post it here!) But thats exactly what their mothers, aunts, sisters and friends are doing right now in FSUland. So be careful how you read "Traditional", traditional for US or for THEM?

I was only pointing out that women who use expensive (for them) studio shots are very serious and have invested in her search for a man on the internet, couple that with what she says on her profile and you may be heading for trouble. Besides whats wrong with a real shot taken at the dacha?

BTW Did you or anybody else here send your lady studio/makeover photos?

id
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to RW'isms, posted by Pordzhik on Dec 30, 2002

Many of them say in their profiles that their man should be high. They mean tall of course, but I find this amusing anyway and can't help singing a couple of lines from that Afroman's song. If they only knew what that really means. Smiley
Pordzhik
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: RW'isms, posted by id on Dec 31, 2002

I get confused with American English, let alone Russian usage of our language.

My all time favourite RW'ism; Splendid Forms = Beautiful breasts.

BubbaGump
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to ( . ) ( . ), posted by Pordzhik on Dec 31, 2002

Now that's an important search term.
KenC
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to RW'isms, posted by Pordzhik on Dec 30, 2002

Pordzhik,
My wife is constantly trying to talk me into her getting a job.  I would rather she concentrate o her studies and get her American degree before she enters the workforce.  Her first Xmas here she got a seasonal job just to pay for gifts for me and my children.  Most of the RW that I have met here are VERY career oriented and very hard workers.  Yes they sell us on cozy homes and good cooking.  That is what they think we want to hear.  LOL.  BTW, my wife never promised a cozy home or good cooking, but that is exactly what I have from her.  Again, it is only common sense to advertise yourself with the best photo possible.  Some of the better websites have great photography and I am sure their traffic is better because of it.  Most guys I know are not into Glamour shots!  It is a woman thing.
KenC
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: