Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 08, 2024, 03:25:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A thought from Ukraine woman "New paper adds"  (Read 6992 times)
Ryan
« on: January 05, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

Now this is just a thought from a Ukraine woman that I have been chatting with.  We met on a personals wed site and have been friend ever since.  She is helping me with finding Ukraine woman and I am helping her find American man.  We just give each other advice not really searches out for a match etc.  She is writing two different guys in this country and I help her understand them.  You know like the commitment or lack of that these men must show in their writing on getting over to the Ukraine and just make suggestions about what they are writing about.  One guy is a Lawyer/tree trimmer you can only imagine what suggestions I make about this guy.  We just make suggestions I tell her about the girls that I am writing and she makes comments etc.  It is healthy and nothing destructive.  

Anyway I told her that I placed an Add in New papers in Kiev and Lugansk she writes:

I don't want to find men in newspapers as there is a thought here, that u can find
Occasionally man on Internet, (she means in a spontaneous way, like just heppen by someone) and in newpapers there r advertising of that American men who r not lucky in U.S.A., or not so good, that no one American woman even wouldn't see at him, so he look for a girl here. Please understand me right, I appreciate u, and don't think like this about you, just there is such thought here, and there was disputes between girls on internet as well and they say all the same, that "mostly" "waste" of  society gives their advertising for naive Ukrainian girls. But i think its not the rule and not all people think so; just there is this thought.

Michael B
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to A thought from Ukraine woman "New p..., posted by Ryan on Jan 5, 2002

If you want a UW and she wants a AM, and you already know and like each other........
Ryan
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to just a thought, posted by Michael B on Jan 5, 2002

Completely correct in your assumptions.  I am playing this game a new way just staying friends and getting to know this woman in a different way.  I am sure she feels the same way but I am tired of feeling like she is the one etc.  I am not going down that road again.  By the way she is a knock out but we will just see maybe she doesn't really like me in that way we have never really wrote about that stuff.  I will meet her in may but in the mean time I am defiantly playing it the way I have been.  

I have been thinking about one other approach.  Has anyone ever sent a woman a test to like learning about someone's personality, how they learn or how she see things etc.  I have a test that tells me some things about a person based on the questions answered.  Has anyone ever tried this? See test below I have others that tell me other things.

Directions: Rate each statement as follows:

1  rarely

2  sometimes

3  usually

4  always
Add up your responses for each set of questions. Then
compare your totals in the eight areas of intelligence.
Those in which you scored highest are your most
developed intelligences.  

_____ I enjoy physical activities.

_____ I am uncomfortable sitting still.

_____ I prefer to learn through doing.

_____ When sitting, I move my legs or hands.

_____ I enjoy working with my hands.

_____ I like to pace when I'm thinking or studying.

_____ TOTAL for Bodily-Kinesthetic

_____ I use maps easily.

_____ I draw pictures/diagrams when explaining ideas.

_____ I can assemble items easily from diagrams.

_____ I enjoy drawing or photography.

_____ I do not like to read long paragraphs.

_____ I prefer a drawn map over written directions.

_____ TOTAL for Visual-Spatial

_____ I enjoy telling stories.

_____ I like to write.

_____ I like to read.

_____ I express myself clearly.

_____ I am good at negotiating.

_____ I like to discuss topics that interest me.

_____ TOTAL for Verbal-Linguistic

_____ I like math in school.

_____ I like science.

_____ I problem-solve well.

_____ I question how things work.

_____ I enjoy planning or designing something new.

_____ I am able to fix things.

_____ TOTAL for Logical-Mathematical

_____ I listen to music.

_____ I move my fingers or feet when I hear music.

_____ I have good rhythm.

_____ I like to sing along with music.

_____ People have said I have musical talent.

_____ I like to express my ideas through music

_____ TOTAL for Musical

_____ I like doing a project with other people.

_____ People come to me to help settle conflicts.

_____ I like to spend time with friends.

_____ I am good at understanding people.

_____ I am good at making people feel comfortable.

_____ I enjoy helping others.

_____ TOTAL for Interpersonal

_____ I need quiet time to think.

_____ I think about issues before I want to talk.

_____ I am interested in self-improvement.

_____ I understand my thoughts and feelings.

_____ I know what I want out of life.

_____ I prefer to work on projects alone.

_____ TOTAL for Intrapersonal  

_____ I enjoy nature whenever possible.

_____ I think about have a career involving nature.

_____ I enjoy studying plants, animals, and oceans.

_____ avoid being indoors except when I sleep.

_____ As a child I played with bugs and leaves.

_____ I feel stressed, I want to be out in nature.

_____ TOTAL for Naturalistic

Verbal-Linguistic
                   Communicate through language
                   (listening, reading, writing,
                   speaking).
Logical-Mathematical
                   Understand logical reasoning and
                   problem solving (math, science,
                   patterns, sequences).
Bodily-Kinesthetic
                   Use the physical body skillfully and
                   to take in knowledge through bodily
                   sensations (coordination, working
                   with hands).
Visual-Spatial
                   Understand spatial relationships and
                   to perceive and create images
                   (visual arts, graphic design, charts,
                   maps).
Interpersonal
                   Relate to others, noticing their
                   moods, motivations, and feelings
                   (social activity, cooperative learning,
                   teamwork)
Intrapersonal
                   Understand one's own behavior and
                   feelings (independence, time spent
                   alone).
Musical
                   Comprehend and create meaningful
                   sound (music, sensitivity to sound).
Naturalistic
                   Understand features of the
                   environment (interest in nature,
                   environmental balance, ecosystem,
                   stress relief brought by natural
                   environments).

Michael B
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to LOL...  Also a question for others?, posted by Ryan on Jan 6, 2002

I don't know, Ryan....the test looks like an EXCELLENT test of the transaltor's ability....and IF the lady is working with an accurate translation, then it becomes an excellent test of "what responses do I think an AM would LIKE to hear?". Now, if you do get an accurate translation and honest answers, what are you going to do? Draw a graph? What if somebody scores perfect but after meeting her you just don't "feel right" about her? Or say a lady who scores perfect doesn't like YOU? Now what?

Maybe after a while either you or the lady you are "helping" could suddenly say "What a FOOL! Asking you to help me look for somebody, when I now see that YOU are what I've been looking for all along!".....or is that your plan in the first place? If that's your plan, then you are crazy...like a fox.

Ryan
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: LOL...  Also a question for others?, posted by Michael B on Jan 6, 2002

Yes you could be right about the tests never thought of that.  As far as the translation goes I have been talking to women from Ukraine that speak and write english well.  It was a thought...
Thanks,
Ryan
BubbaGump
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to A thought from Ukraine woman "New p..., posted by Ryan on Jan 5, 2002

It does look a little more like an extreme measure to place a newspaper ad.  If you're in any way selective, look through their ads and pick what you want.
BarryM
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Yeah, I'd agree with the UW, posted by BubbaGump on Jan 5, 2002

A lot of people thought personals were absurd back in the 1980's but they became ever more popular. The best explaination for doing personal ads comes from Jack. Here is the link:

http://www.firstdream.com/anewspadvert.htm

He needs to correct the spelling of "Adverticement" to Advertisement on the page.

-blm

BubbaGump
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: You need to consider this, posted by BarryM on Jan 5, 2002

I would do a personal ad on a web site but never in the newspaper.  I just don't consider them to be the proper place for that.  I did do an ad with EC and got 386 responses.  Only about 15 were really interesting.  Since I am way too picky anyway, it's better for me to just not waste their time and only write to girls I want.  

An advantage to personal ads is that there are a lot of women that have not made it into any of the catalogs yet and they will write you before a lot of men start writing them.  Marriage agencies in Russia and other countries will show your picture to their clients and might recommend you to their customers.  There were some women that I would have never written to because they were too good looking.  About half of the good looking girls came across as scammers because they emphasized needing money and wanting a generous man.  I ended getting a lot more letters from women that are so unattractive it seemed like a cruel joke.  Do you want a picture of a 200 pound woman in a bikini?  Too late, I shredded it.  But you'll get some for yourself if you advertise.  

One lesson I came away with was how to not handle writing letters.  If you are interested in a girl definitely let them know.  Don't send some wishy washy response.  I sent letters without pictures assuming they would remember who I was.  I sent emails to agencies and didn't put the girl's name in the subject line because I didn't realize it was an agency.  I had a picture of me where I looked really good but my friend's kids were in the picture with me.  I don't think the girl's understood that they were not my kids.  For all I know they could have thought I had a 16 year old gilrfriend or mistress.  

Of the girls that had written to me first, I got only 4 of 10 replies because of my own stupidity and inexperience.

If Jack offers coaching lessons on letter writing, take them.  He can't spell but he may keep you from making dumb beginner mistakes.

Jack
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: You need to consider this, posted by BarryM on Jan 5, 2002

blm,

The Russian spelling and phrases written by some of our people I think adds a bit of class to the site.

BarryM
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: You need to consider this, posted by Jack on Jan 6, 2002

nt
Zink
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

A few years back people around here thought it was crazy to have a computer for the family or write personal ads. Now almost every house has a computer and the internet. And more and more people are turning to personal ads and widening their options. In a few years it might be the norm for finding romance.

And really who cares what the other people think as long as we're happy with what we're doing? The results are what matters not general opinion.

BarryM
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

Personal singles ads have been around a long time in the US, probably well over 20 years. Some people like them, some don't. Personal singles ads in the FSU haven't been around as long. Personal singles ads are inexpensive and convenient. There is a simple rational reason why personal ads are the better choice. Jack's web site explains this.

Of course, Ryan, most of us know your motivation for posting this criticism of personal ads. You know that Jack emphasizes personal ads and you have an ax to grind with him.

-blm

Ryan
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Newspaper ads are probably the best way ..., posted by BarryM on Jan 5, 2002

I am over with Jack A.. issue.  This was the feelings of this one woman from Kiev Ukraine and nothing more.  Give it a rest will ya...

Ryan

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: