Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 03, 2024, 08:25:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Strange email  (Read 8457 times)
Jeff
« on: October 04, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

I got a very strange email last night at 12:30 from a Charles Riley saying that I should leave my third world wife and get a new one because they are so plentiful.  The message was badly spelled and with broken sentences.  Does anybody know who this jerk is?  I am curious how he got my name and email address.  I have a feeling he somehow got it from this site, but I'm not sure.  Has anybody else recieved anything from him?
jj
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Strange email, posted by Jeff on Oct 4, 2001

Jeff
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to How your email is not listed  nt, posted by jj on Oct 4, 2001

I have sent emails to a few men here who were newbies that we never heard from again.  It could be one of them, or I am thinking it could even be my wife's evil aunt.  The fact that it came at 12:30 at night makes me think that because it would be morning in Ukraine.
BrianN
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

Watch out for that thing called secretattraction dot com.

Got one of those "you have a secret admirer" emails yesterday... however, I used 4 different email accounts of my own, and then I get this hint that the person's name was less than 6 letters long.

Uh huh!

Then I started over, and input my own secret admirer, using my own email addresses.

Respond correctly, input who it was (me, admiring self), and it says I need to input 4 more email addresses to get the answer!

What an email collector!  Don't fall for it!

jj
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: MORE Strange emails, posted by BrianN on Oct 4, 2001

There is a Cardwish.com hroup that allows you to send and receive greeting cards.  They claim to give 1 cent to charity for every card sent.  You receive a message saying you have a card.  You go to collect it, It asks for some registration ID parameters and then displays a message saying that the content of the card was abusive so they could not display it.  This is a shame.  If the card could nor be displayed then why did they send it?

There are many ways used to collect/scrape email addresses from public BB's.  Lesson do not list you email address.  Find some other way of communictaing you message.

Cold Warrior
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: MORE Strange emails, posted by BrianN on Oct 4, 2001

These are programmes that can harvest email addresses automatically from the internet.When you respond to such an email you confirm that the address is valid and then you are targetted for spam.Best advice is not to respond to unsolicited mail.
Patrick
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

Unless you've posted your email address in a message posted here, they couldn't of gotten it through Planet-Love (you don't have an email address in your profile).
Oatmeal
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

No, but that is one crazy e-mail.  It just would not make any sense to abandon your wife (assuming she is a keeper) and go off back into the fray.  Maybe it is someone who has had some past experience with either you or your wife.  Does she have any ex-husbands or old jealous boyfriends?

Maybe it is just a one-time thing.  I would not really concern myself about it unless you started getting more mail from this idiot.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: