Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 25, 2024, 06:06:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chief Justice Renquist Death  (Read 3739 times)
OkieMan
« on: September 04, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Gentlemen,

Since many of us are discussing topics other than beautiful latinas, like the damage caused by Hurricane Katrina; I thought I would open up another thread.  Since Chief Justice Renquist death last night, the media is in a feeding frenzy on the who, what, when and where of President Bush's next appointment for the Chief Justice position.  I am sure all of us have an opinion, so I will start with mine.  Never in our country's history has the Supreme Court decisions we are facing been more critical.  As a conservative, Christian man, I am deeply concerned about how all this goes.  I want our country to return to our heritage as a "Christian" nation.  I am a strong student of history, and it is very obvious that our Founding Fathers intended for this to be a Christian nation, built on Godly principles.  In the last 40-50 years, we have turned into something much different.  Now, this message board might seem strange for these opinions to be raised; however, there are many of us who long to meet that very special latina, so that we can once again have a "traditional" family, with traditional, family values.  These are the values that made our country great, and can again.  But, if the ACLU and other groups have their way, we will be complaining about a lot more than the fat, bitchy american women that we are no longer married to, etc.  So, that is my opinion.  Naturally, I know that there will be others who do not agree, and that is their right.  
However, my prayers and desires are that we will get back to the basics in our country, and in our government.  I have many dreams, important, emotional dreams.  None are more important than my dreams of one day having a new, beautiful latina wife who will love me and share my life; and we can live out our days in a country that won't continue to kill innocent unborn babies, but still protect the rights of feminists, criminals and perverts!  To me, that is a national disgrace!

OkieMan

Ray
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Chief Justice Renquist Death, posted by OkieMan on Sep 4, 2005

Chief Justice Rehnquist was a good man and he will be sorely missed on the court.

I think it would be wonderful to honor a Latin-American immigrant and an African-American, so in the interest of peace and harmony on the forum, and so that a certain hot-head will stop accusing me of being a racist, I nominate Justice Thomas for the position of Chief Justice and Miguel Estrada to fill the new vacancy. I don’t see how the professor can get worked up over that choice… :-)

Ray

Heat
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to I nominate..., posted by Ray on Sep 4, 2005

That man came from humble roots.  Had a wonderful mother who taught him the value of studding and hard work.  One hell of a man is Judge Thomas.
Keith NC
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

[This message has been edited by Keith NC]

Ray,  

I would be happy with Scalia or Thomas as Chief Justice.  But I would like to see Janice Rodgers Brown from California nominated instead of Miguel Estrada.  She would be the first African-American Female on the bench.  I think she is more conservative than Miguel Estrada and would make an excellent choice.

I would like to see the court tilt real far to the right.  I don't want to see anymore stealth liberals like Justice Stephens and Bryer.  I wasn't really happy with O'conner either.  I thought she was too moderate in her views.  

Keith

OkieMan
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: I nominate..., posted by Keith NC on Sep 4, 2005

Keith,

Excellent points.  Anyone that is nominated should be what they say they are.  I myself was very upset with Bryer and Kennedy.  O'Connor was indeed a swing voter.  I will the first to confess that I want to see a much more conservative court.  I believe that Bush will help us achieve that goal, as much as he can; but it's going to be a long, ugly fight.

OkieMan

Michael B
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

I vote that the president nominates somebody who is both honest and litterate, two qualities that seem to have been lacking in many Supreme Court Justices (and other federal judges also) for several years.
OkieMan
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: I nominate..., posted by Michael B on Sep 4, 2005

Hi Michael,

Good points, but that just shows too much common sense.  I vote for appointing more idiots and perverts-- NOT!
No, seriously, we must get back to the basics of life.  Hey, that sounds like Luckenbach, Texas, with Willie and Waylon. ha  I used to sing that song in some country music bands I performed with when I was younger.  Take care.

OkieMan

OkieMan
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Ray,

Nothing wrong with your suggestions.  I personally would like to see Justice Scalia become the Chief, but Thomas is also a good choice.  Of course, whoever President Bush appoints,and whatever their skin color; the liberal media, and the Democrats, the feminists, the homos, etc-- they are all going to blast Bush.  Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!  So, my prayer is-- may God preserve the United States of America.  Boy, do we need His help today!

OkieMan

Ken2
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Chief Justice Renquist Death, posted by OkieMan on Sep 4, 2005

I didnt see any news in todays Post about Justice Ren., strange.  I dont think our country will ever revert back to conservatism ( I believe scripture is clear in this regard).  However, I believe filling the seat(s) in the supreme court w/ conservative justices will slow the moral erosion a bit.   About Latinas; they are somewhat "traditional" but after 4 years of doing this search I think that the key motivating factor is making a better life with a trustworthy man.  Our benefit: attractive, affectionate latina (other qualities vary from gal to gal) - her benefit:  financial stability, monogamous relationship & a steady job (funds for her family).

IMHO

OkieMan
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Chief Justice Renquist Death, posted by Ken2 on Sep 4, 2005

Ken2,

Yes, I agree.  It is up to each of us to do the best we can to find the right lady, and for us the be the "right" man for her. Naturally, those criteria will vary from couple to couple.   I was just putting everything in the context of our society ills, and my personal wishes for a return to "traditional values". The feminist movement, killing babies through abortion, homosexual rights, gay marriage, and all of the other hot button issues of the day are only indicators of what is wrong with our country.  The conservative appointments that we are hoping for will not correct all the ills, as we know.  But, it would be a step in the right direction.

OkieMan

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: