Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 25, 2024, 05:56:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question regarding I 134 Affidavit of support  (Read 1831 times)
Chris F
« on: June 17, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

I need a little ehlp in regards to the  Affidavit of Support.

For question 11 it states "I intend to make specific contributions to the support of the person" and then wants examples how.

Will stating  "As my wife, I will give her 100% financial support in every respect"  meet the requirement for that question???

ALSO...

The Oath or Affirmation of Sponser at the end of the application..can that be done at the embassy during the appointment or do I need it notorized here???

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

utopiacowboy
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Question regarding I 134 Affidavit of su..., posted by Chris F on Jun 17, 2005

Are you sure that applies to your wife like Ray noted? I don't remember that question at all.
JimmySTLOUIS
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Question regarding I 134 Affidavit of su..., posted by Chris F on Jun 17, 2005

I sent you an e-mail but I forgot to tell you this

#1 your paperwork continues once you hit the states
ALSO

be a little careful on what name you put down when you file your adjustment of status.
I thought my wifes name would not change until we registed with Social Security - I think I was wrong. Since her K-1 visa and all papers Were in the maiden name I continued to use it. ( I went to the SS office only aftef she had her work authorization)
You should be using her married name on the adjustment papers. They dont really tell you this and its not super clear. You know all her files are in her maiden name so there can be a little confusion.

Ray
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

That response will be fine. I think question 11 is really intended for affidavits submitted in behalf of persons other than your spouse or fiancée.

The affidavit should be notarized in the USA before you go to the interview. I believe the consular officers are authorized by law to notarize the affidavit, but the fee might be much higher. Foreign notaries are not permitted I believe.

Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: