Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 05, 2024, 08:27:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: clothes?  (Read 2417 times)
capt david
« on: November 03, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Maybe I am getting ahead of myself, but I am going to the Phils in June. I live in South Texas, Port Isabel, and have plenty of lightweight clothes. I would prefer to wear shorts, fishing and, Hiawian shirts and Teva sandals. I don't like Tshirts. I will be spending most of my time in Cebu/Bohol and maybe to Davao. In general what and how many changes of clothes should I bring. I have heard both pro and con about buying clothes there. I am large 46"/48" waist and 2/3 extra large shirt. What is your opinion? I would like to at least buy one of the Filipino dress shirts. Thanks in advance,captian david
jim in the pi
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to clothes?, posted by capt david on Nov 3, 2001

hi david,
i wear shorts and tee shirts just about all the time its usually 2 changes a day due to sweat.
the 3 j's
Ray
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to clothes?, posted by capt david on Nov 3, 2001

Capt,

Bring plenty of clothes because you won’t find your size over there. 2 changes/day x 7 days = 14 sets minimum. Hotels can do your laundry but allow 2 days. It’s hot & you’ll need to take ‘at least’ 2 showers per day so plan accordingly.

Shorts & Hawaiian shirts are fine, but remember that the Abu Sayaf will be able to spot you from 10 kilometers (ROFL).

If you want to get a barong tagalog (Filipino dress shirt), any tailor can custom make any size in a couple of days. I got one made at a shop in the Ayala mall in Cebu.

Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: