Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 02, 2024, 09:36:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Health Insurance en Colombia  (Read 4010 times)
pablo
« on: January 06, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

For you expats living in Colombia, did any of you purchase health insurance?  If so, what is the company contact information, the type of coverage, and the premiums?

Thanks in advance.

pablo
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Health Insurance en Colombia, posted by pablo on Jan 6, 2005

Thanks gents for the information.  I will look into it and do a future post on it.
thundernco
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

Pablo,

There are two different types of health insurance there:
The Instituto del Seguro Social is the national social services organization that handles health care and pensions and does not allow for very good access or very good care.  What you want to get is a good private eps (Entidad Promotora de Salud) health insurance, plus the insurance add-on. On those programs, the care matches up to, or is better than most anything I've seen.  There's Suramerican, Coomeva Plan Dorado and S.O.S. amongst others. I used to pay somewhere around 300-400K pesos if I remebr correctly, for a family of four, at SOS Comfandi. The plan was the best they had and we could pick our doctors, get preferred appointments, included dental, vision, etc..  When my daughter was born , we picked the hospital and the whole thing cost me $1.50 USD.  I was amazed, the service was great, baby healthy as was the esposa.   I think we got set up through Servicios Integrales CTA, they are on Cl 25 2Nbis-61, and their number is 6614501.  Hope this helps -TNC

JBond
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

I pay for my mother inlaw's health insurance. It's called EPS and gaves her full coverge for about $50.00 a mounth, it also includes dental.

When you are Cali, just ask around, From what hear it's one of the best.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: