Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
September 28, 2024, 10:53:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: a really bad day  (Read 10960 times)
jim in the pis
« on: July 03, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

hi all,
i am just about at my wits end. for 3 days i have been calling the american citizen services of the U.S. EMBASSY IN MANILA. i need to secure an appointment to get jay registered and to apply for his passport.
the switch board transferers me to the appointment section when the line is not busy, after waiting on hold for 20 minutes, it rings one time and then in a minute or so disconnects me.
god i am glad i am home and not in jail needing the american services section's help.
i guess they are lucky that ryder trucks are not over here.
i have to leave on the 25th of july and need to get jay registered before i leave.
my opion on the personel at the us embassy are in an e-mail to colon powell.
i still get to speak to not a living person, even after explaining the disconnecting to the filipino who answer's the phone.
but i guess with 300 americans and 1500 filipino's working at the embassy, their is not much time for the average american citizen.
Jay
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to a really bad day, posted by jim in the pis on Jul 3, 2001

Hi Jim,

Why don't you just make a day trip to Manila, walk in to American Service and take care of it. Your right there. Only guy's in the States need to go through that hassle on the phone.

I dealt with the American Services Dept. many times. Alway's was better just to go. Thing's move faster if you go in.

Just my $0.02 worth,

Jay

jim in the pis
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: a really bad day, posted by Jay on Jul 3, 2001

jay,
they now have a "new policy" you cant just walk into american services, you must first call for an appointment!!!!
some way to serve the american citizen!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oh well its the forth of july, they are off, and its ranning!
tomorrow is planned, stating with another phone call to the embassy at 7:30 am.
jim joanne and jay
Howard
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to a really bad day, posted by jim in the pis on Jul 3, 2001

J,

When Ayesa and I had to deal with the Embassy, it was a nightmare!  On at least three occasions she had to wait in line for the better part of the day, just to be sent home to come back at another date!  Think about it though, are things really any better here in the states?  Maybe a little

Keep the Faith Brutha

H

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: