Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 23, 2024, 07:28:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Intro and questions  (Read 26182 times)
Rick
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Intro and questions, posted by Houndog on Apr 14, 2001

Thanks for your input Dog.  I'll take it to heart.
Houndog
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Intro and questions, posted by Rick on Apr 15, 2001

You asked some tuff questions and knowing that the REAL answers were going to be unpopular I gave it a shot anyway.

I have been a part of two extended families....in the first family there was a certian polarization....in all honesty it is called prejudice, not conservatism....I didn't bring that to the table...it's what I found when I got there....

My new extended family has shown None of the previous attitudes about cross cultural relationships...none...in fact they treat me like an honored guest. This can and will make a difference in the long run IME. Having a family that is happy you are a 'part of them' instead of 'apart from them' is a very good feeling.  I have been personlly involved with both attitudes. One beats the other hands down.

I'm not placing blame on anybody or any culture, these are just my personal experiences and observations....I've been on the inside of both and made my choices for me....not for anyone else. After personal experience in both, I decided to choose the path of least resistance...for me and the future of us and our future family together. I think having an extended family that accepts the man, even though he is from a different culture will make the future easier, rather than an extended family always ready to say 'I told you so'. And in all honesty, if I hadn't seen the differences with my own eyes, there would have been no need for me to go south in the first place, there are plenty of LW right here in Houston.

Regards, Houndog

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: