Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 02, 2024, 06:40:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 3 down, 3 to go...  (Read 5171 times)
Howard
« on: August 16, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

[This message has been edited by Howard]

Welcome to our 3 week anniversary.

When Gerlie submitted the additional evidence they requested at her interview, they said she would get notice in 2-3 weeks.

NEWS FLASH!  She hasn't gotten a thing.

I promised her that I would call the Embassy if she hadn't heard anything by today, so I called last night.  I was quite annoyed by the fact that they wouldn't tell me anything until I gave them my credit card number.  (Haven't I already paid for this?)  Then AFTER they have my lousy six bucks, they tell me NOTHING! After pressing the Hell out of the very polite, very patient guy on the phone, he said that the Consular Officer assigned to the case had to "...carefully review everything we submitted and they are not done yet."  I asked for any idea, any at all!, of when we should expect to hear something--this is where I was pressing, the rest of the info came freely... well for six bucks anyway--and his reluctant answer was "It could be up to another 3 weeks"  I very politely voiced my displeasure, thanked him for his time--then again, I paid for it, so wasn't it MY time after all?--and ending the phone call.

Oh boy... another three weeks of waiting. How did we get SO lucky?

I guess Harold made a great point.  The more you submit, the longer it takes.  But how do you know what it just enough and not too much or too little?  What did everyone else submit?  Can we help others not make the same mistake I have?

I'm okay, but definitly frustrated.  Gerlie is quite upset, as you can imagine, and now doubting the fact that she will be approved at all.  I have no doubts, but then again I can be a retard at times Tongue  I told her that I would rather wait an extra three weeks to be approved than get a speedy denial, but that didn't make it's intended impact unfortunately.  We still have faith in our relationship, but our optomism is running on fumes!

Maybe, this can start a good discussion here and give me something to take my mind off how mad I am at this process.  Harold was right, I should have married her.  When did K-1's become such a pain?

Keep the Faith!

H

Dave H
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to 3 down, 3 to go..., posted by Howard on Aug 16, 2004

Hi Bro,

You know everything is going to work out fine...but it certainly does get very frustrating at times!!!!!

Big D

DanAndChed
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

Hey Howard,

It's how you pen a story.  I'm sure they're just engrossed in the way you write:-)

I wonder if they've changed the way they process visas since 9/11.  Mares gave them about 300 emails, they didn't read them, but they took her passport and she knew she was approved on the spot.

Don't worry about it too much.  Your in the right, it will all work out.  

Me and Mares are eagerly waiting for Dannise' chance to be a flower girl.

Take care and as you tell us, "Keep the Faith".

Dan and Mares

Ray
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

Hi H,

Forget about that $6 number. They are outside contractors who don't anything about your individual case. They are there to provide general information only.

Call the main embassy switchboard (63-2) 528-6300 (?) and ask the operator to be connected to the Immigrant Visa Unit. You might want to try between 10 am and noon Manila time. Just let it ring until someone answers. Have your case number handy. After 3 weeks, they ‘should’ know something.

Good luck and don’t be a retard :-),

Ray

P.S. Why didn't you listen to Harold and just marry her over there???

Howard
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to You called the wrong number..., posted by Ray on Aug 16, 2004

[This message has been edited by Howard]

ahhhhhhhhh... New Light shed!

It gave me the other number right on the Embassy Phone System!  I figured it was an expidited call center for overseas callers.  See... I AM a retard!!! Tongue

So just stay on the line?

Thanks for the info... I will try again tonight

You da Man Wink

Keep the Faith!

H

PS:  I was still under the impression that a K-1 would have us back together faster.  That's really the only reason I didn't marry her there.  Live and learn I guess.  Thanks again Bro Wink

Stephen
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

Howard.....I'll bet it turns out okay.

But the time will get you nervous.  Best wishes.

Stephen & Tess

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: