Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 04, 2024, 08:19:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Fiancee's Interview  (Read 2855 times)
GregF
« on: May 22, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

I recived a letter from the NVC today saying they have sent my K1 visa aplication on to the Consulate in Vietnam. I am just wondering what documents my Fiancee will need for her interview and also how much longer we can expect this process to take? Also is her interview the next step or is the things she has to do befor then. Any information you can give use will be greatly apprechated. This way she can take care of getting all of the documents early so there is no delay.
Thank you
GregF
HaroldC
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to My Fiancee's Interview, posted by GregF on May 22, 2004

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5874&hl=viet

"This is what I read from another forum specializing in immigration visas from Vietnam:

(1) At the U.S. Consulate in Saigon

The American Consulate General in Saigon is the 5th busiest US Consulate in the world. Thirty thousand immigrant visa applications are processed each year. This places a serious burden on the Consulate staff and helps to explain why it takes six to twelve months to review cases that were not approved at the interview.

The Consulate in Saigon has the largest number of Fiancée visa applications in the world, and it also has the largest number of rejected fiancée cases, due to a very severe problem of fraudulent applications. In order to have a chance of being approved, the applicants are required to have very convincing documentation to present at interview, showing a genuine relationship from the day the couple first met up to the day of the interview.

Affidavits of Support are now being examined more closely by the Consuls. Often, Joint sponsors are not accepted if they live far from the petitioner or if they are not closely related to the petitioner. In most fiancée cases, co-sponsors are no longer accepted by the consuls."

http://www.rmiodp.com/forumz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2020

Hamlet
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Lots of Viet Nam specific stuff here ..., posted by HaroldC on May 22, 2004

Harold,

Thanks for that (unhappy) information about the lengthy delays yet ahead for us to get the fiance visa.

Hamlet

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: