Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 02, 2024, 08:24:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A true story  (Read 22239 times)
nealt
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to A wake up call, posted by greg on Jan 13, 2004

we did try but the driver talked him out of it,that is his loss not ours a few of them are real keepers
Ray
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to A true story, posted by nealt on Jan 13, 2004

$30.00 for an annulment? Where did he ever find a two-bit lawyer like that?
nealt
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Wow! Amazing!, posted by Ray on Jan 13, 2004

You and i never go away do we,i have been married to Jessica for 6 years now and started posting on this board before i eaven went to Cebu
Tom
Ray
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Hey Ray, posted by nealt on Jan 14, 2004

You've been here too long! Just kidding...

Has it been six years already? Congratulations! Has Jessica applied for citizenship yet?

I'll be coming up on my 4th anniversary here real soon. Married life couldn't be better! :-)

Ray

nealt
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Go Away! , posted by Ray on Jan 14, 2004

No she has not applied yet,she could have last Augest but with loosing 2 stepsons in 3 years she does not want to yet
i guess it is a PI thing i dont know it does not matter at this point in our lives
Tom
stefang
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

"One afternoon, a wealthy lawyer was riding in the back of his limousine when he saw two men eating grass by the side of the road. He ordered his driver to stop and he got out to investigate.

"Why are you eating grass?", he asked one man.

"We don't have any money for food," the poor man replied.

"Oh, come along with me then."

"But, sir, I have a wife and two children!"

"Bring them along! And you, come with us too!", he said to the other man.

"But, sir, I have an wife and six children!", the second man answered.

"Bring them as well!"

They all climbed into the car, which was no easy task, even for a car as large as a limo. Once underway, one of the poor fellows says, "Sir, you are too kind. Thank you for taking all of us with you."

The lawyer replied, "No problem, the grass at my home is about two inches tall."

greg
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Lawyer joke time, posted by stefang on Jan 14, 2004

couldn't stop laughing hehehe..So the Lawyer wanted them to eat his grass??? hehehehe
Stephen
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

asdf
Jeff S
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Hey.....I resemble that remark!  (nt), posted by Stephen on Jan 13, 2004

Know why sharks never attack lawyers?
Jeff S
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Hey Stephen, posted by Jeff S on Jan 14, 2004

professional courtesy.
nealt
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

he has money here but only had $30.00 to fly back with
don2222
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to A true story, posted by nealt on Jan 13, 2004

Wow, so many newbie mistakes, I wonder how much of a kick-back the driver got in exchange for setting them up.

1)  The more english the driver speaks, the more likely he is to rip you off.  Many drivers offer to introduce filipinas, but then they want to set you up with hookers so they can get a kickback on whatever the girl can squeeze out of the guy.

2) The filipina has probably never managed more than $100 in her life, and he trusted her to manage $9000 plus Huh

3) He paid one years rent in advance Huh?  That is crazy, i always pay the monthly rent at the last possible moment, you never know when things can get crazy.

4) mom sounds like a mamasan, why is she importing girls to work in cebu, sounds awfully suspicious

5) a good filipina expects her man to be jealous, and would never risk making him angry by having many male friends or going to the internet cafe

6)  he never discussed finances or living arrangements before they married ??  did they have any pre-marital conversations at all ??

just my opinions....

Don

Nathan
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to newbie mistakes........, posted by don2222 on Jan 13, 2004

Don,

I thought the Visayan words for Taxi driver and pimp
are one and the same....

Nathan

madmal
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to newbie mistakes........, posted by don2222 on Jan 13, 2004

Don2222 wrote:

"1) The more english the driver speaks, the more likely he is to rip you off. Many drivers offer to introduce filipinas, but then they want to set you up with hookers so they can get a kickback on whatever the girl can squeeze out of the guy."

In Vietnam the most commonly used phrase for prostitute translates as "Taxi-girl" and is very accurate. If a 'driver' introduces you to a girl or takes you to a bar it is a fair bet that you don't want to know her, or don't want to be there.  In Vietnam you steer well clear of taxi drivers that speak good english.

mal

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: