Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 02, 2024, 06:14:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sending Money  (Read 5598 times)
NOX1967
« on: November 21, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Any suggestions on ways to send or transfer money to the Philippines?
Western Union is so damned expensive. I found a company called iKOBO, with good rates, but I won't blindly give my card numbers!

Any suggestions?

Ron

Jeff S
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Sending Money, posted by NOX1967 on Nov 21, 2003

The de-facto standard answer to that question on this board is usually that the best way to transfer money is to open an account here in the US and mail her an ATM card with the plus and star networks, then once she gets the card, call her with the pin number. It's cheap, you can control it by only putting into the account the amount you expect her to withdraw, and there's no middle man.

- Jeff

Humabdos
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Sending Money, posted by Jeff S on Nov 21, 2003

Be careful of high transaction fees, even for just checking the balance. It can be as high as $6.00 for each transaction, $3 for the ATM you are using and $3 from your bank. Of course this is still cheeper than Western Union.
Hum
Peaches
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Sending Money, posted by Humabdos on Nov 21, 2003

If you would like sending through internet try myremittance at
myayala.com. I use them many times.You can also ask them for
some info u need.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: