Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 22, 2024, 12:38:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming trip report-forward.  (Read 13442 times)
shadow
« on: March 23, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Hi Guys!
After 30+ days in the philippines, I have quite a report to make. Some good, some bad, some happy, some sad, some applaudable, some flamable. I'm sure I'll get various responses from various parts of my report. No part of my report will be made with the intention to hurt or shame anyone, but I'm sure some will take it that way. The people of the Philippines can be the most cheerfull, helpful, happy people you could meet anywhere. On the other hand, they are so anxious to please they will outright lie to you so as not to appear unhelpful. If you ask for simple directions, they will point you in the wrong direction to appear helpful rather than say they do not know. They can be the most polite of anyone you ever met one minute, and the next minute block your path for no apparent reason. The "crab mentality" you have heard about is very alive and real. Nowhere have I experienced more extreme jealousy. Life is very cheap in the Philippines, and respect for human life is scarce. I'll try to remain objective in this report, but to do so I will have to obliterate certain parts of it. You will all get various amounts of KM out of this report contingent upon your own open-mindedness and understanding. Take it only for what it is, a report of my experience the last 30 days, and my reactions.  Larry.
kevin
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Upcoming trip report-forward., posted by shadow on Mar 23, 2001

Please e-mail me at "kbrennan02888@aol.com ".  I'd like to know your situation/experiences too.  For the good and the bad, you have my support.

Cheers,

Kevin

don2222
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Upcoming trip report-forward., posted by shadow on Mar 23, 2001

Hi Larry,
 I enjoyed meeting you in Cebu.  Everything went so fast
after the interview that I did not get a chance to say goodbye.
I do not think you should obliterate parts of your report.
I think all aspects of the Philippines should be reported- the good and the bad.
You are right about asking directions.  I think that out of the dozens of times that I asked for directions, maybe only twice did someone give me good directions.
In the past year I have spent 8 months in the Philippines.
Most peoples first impression of the PI is very good.
Only after spending more than a few weeks in the PI does a person come to understand that first impressions are not always accurate.

Don

Andrew777
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Don't hold back, tell the truth., posted by don2222 on Mar 24, 2001

Sone good maps and a hand-held GPS device might be a good thing. I wonder if these devices will work over there ? Anybody here know ?

Andrew777

Jeff S
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Don't hold back, tell the truth., posted by Andrew777 on Mar 24, 2001

Originally developed to guide weapons so it had to be worldwide.
-- Jeff S.
shadow
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Don't hold back, tell the truth., posted by don2222 on Mar 24, 2001

I enjoyed meeting you, too. Remember Nanette? Wait'll you hear the rest of the story! Smiley I recieved some txt messages from Vilma's cousin? But couldn't read them as they were in Visayan?
There are some things I just can't publish here, out of respect, shame, or what have you. Also, if I publish too much of the negative I found, people will think I am a negative person. I am not. I'll try, however, to find a happy medium. Smiley Larry.
don2222
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Hi Don!, posted by shadow on Mar 24, 2001

Hi Larry,

Feel free to e-mail the "rest of the story" to me.
I thought you were going to move to the PI.
What happened?

Don

greg
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Please spare nothing, tell everything exactly as it happened. Whatever you gotta say just say it. Don't worry about stepping on anyone's feet. I cannot wait to hear your additional story. :-) greg
humabdos
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Welcome home Larry :-), posted by greg on Mar 23, 2001

Hi larry like greg said tell it all we want the whole truth! Spare nothing. BTW was this your second trip ? Humabdos
Dave H
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Welcome home Larry :-), posted by humabdos on Mar 23, 2001

N/T
shadow
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Welcome home Larry :-), posted by humabdos on Mar 23, 2001

and the longest so far. Am currently unable to post on maganak, so I guess they have to come here if they want to read it. Smiley  Larry.
humabdos
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Third trip..., posted by shadow on Mar 23, 2001

I tried to e mail you but it came back but I was going to ask you if you could E mail me about the stuff you don't wan't to post on PL or Mag-atack. Thanks
shadow
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Third trip..., posted by humabdos on Mar 24, 2001

report will be made on my computer, and I will be happy to email it to anyone who wants it. Will probably take me a week or so to complete. Larry.
P.S. my CORRECT email addy is   shadow@the-philippineislands.com.   Had too many s's in my profile.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: