Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 03, 2024, 03:35:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Da Trip page 13  (Read 2642 times)
Peter Lee
« on: September 17, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

Moments later she was back and lots of crying and hugging and we were off to Iloilo next day for a ferry ride to Palawan.  From then on I called her “my way or the highway girl”.  Yes the bike was strapped to a little boat back to the mainland and yes a long and nice road this time on the Eastern side back to Iloilo.   Lots of dogs sleeping on the road, no mangoes but lots of coconuts for sale on the road.  We stopped at a small town and I had 2 coconuts.  Some of the school kids were there.  The boys were smoking cigarettes in front of us showing off and speaking English they were practicing in school.  It seems it was apparent that fruits were expensive and most poor families didn’t have a lot of fruits to eat.  Fruits were a source of income selling a mango or a bunch of bananas could buy a lot of rice and pork.  We got in Iloilo the same day and the ferry left for Palawan Puerto Princesa that evening so we had plenty of time to look around again for the second time.  The markets were full of leachy a sweet soar round brown fruit that makes you want to eat lots of them.  I bought 5 kilos and spent a few days finishing them off.  The fare on the ship was 480 each and the cycle 700 as cargo.  Now after the rusty ship left the port I find that it does not go to Palawan direct?Huh  We stop off at Cuyo island and then to Palawan.  It seems that Cuyo is also considered Palawan, Oh well I get to see another island for the same price.  Cuyo was pleasant nice roads and I swam on a sandy gray beach and ate chicken watching satellite TV with school kids.  The satellite cable was clear as at home.  I noticed that Maricel is not that shy and talks easy with others when we meet them.  This comes in handy coz on trips like this all the inside information on safety and places to go is valuable.  I asked for coconut milk and they had trouble getting it to me.  The problem was that the women in the restaurant didn’t know how to open the coconut so I could drink it.  Maricel saved the day and showed em how it was done.  The Mindanao country girl came out as she chopped up that coconut like a pro and handed it to me without spilling a drop of milk.  Next day Puerto Princesa and more monkeying around to get the motor bike back.  I thought I was back in Iloilo the city seemed similar in lots of ways.  Jolly Bee was there and that made us feel at home.  We didn’t have to stay in a hotel that day coz it was morning when we arrived.  

To be continued: page 13

Ray
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Da Trip page 13, posted by Peter Lee on Sep 17, 2003

Hey Peter,

Did you happen to see any Aswangs while passing through Capiz Province? That's where all Aswangs are supposed to come form :-)

Ray

Peter Lee
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Capiz, posted by Ray on Sep 17, 2003

I am glad you mentioned the Aswang coz I was told at the gas station to put some garlic on the motor bike to be safe.  The garlic must have done the trick coz Aswang's on the side of the road left us alone.  I wonder if the women used them as an excuse if they had an abortion?  They could always say that the Asang's tongue did it last night.
Ray
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Capiz, posted by Peter Lee on Sep 17, 2003

:-)
Peter Lee
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Capiz, posted by Ray on Sep 17, 2003

Maybe i seenem, what do they look like?  Are they the ones that laugh at you as you cross plank bridges?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: