Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
September 16, 2024, 08:49:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Patrick, HELP!  (Read 9795 times)
shadow
« on: March 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

I worked 2 hrs. on part 1 of a trip report. When I tried to post it, it would not allow me, stated "Use of board for site promotion is not allowed". There is no reference in my post concernig a web site, no http, no www, no NOTHING refering to a website.  In the process of repeated tries I have lost my entire part 1 of the report. What's wrong? Larry.
Bear
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Patrick, HELP!, posted by shadow on Mar 24, 2001

I had that problem with two of my trip reports and found that I had an "inapporpriate" word in one and referenced another URL in the other.  

Check it for those errors.

Bear

Tim
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Post alot of smaller segments instead of only a few big ones. That's what I do when I'm writing a very long piece here. I've had some crashes like the one you described, but I only lost four or five paragraphs by using this method. Not hard or time-consuming to re-type.

Just a suggestion.

Tim

curt
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

If you are planning to spend time on a post, do it off-line first so you will not lose your work if a glitch occurs in the system.
Jay
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Hi Larry,

BUMMER!! Oh well, try again. Welcome back anyway.

Jay

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: