Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 05, 2024, 12:03:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Da Trip Page 17  (Read 1844 times)
Peter Lee
« on: September 18, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

Meanwhile back on the highway I decided not to go south back to Puerto Princesa but to go north to Roxas.  It stopped raining and the road was good, we averaged about 70 klm per hour and arrived about noon.  On the way we saw the signs for Port Barton another white sand resort on the west side.  I declined the temptation coz I know it would be another road to hell to get there.  But I heard a lot about Port Barton but I heard it was just as deserted as Pacungan and I wanted to see the East side for a change.  I noticed that in Palawan when you got out of the city it was common to see most ware a bolo knife on the side.  It can make you a little nervous when your in the middle of no-place asking directions.   Roxas was clean and organized, we inquired about an Island you could see from the dock, Coco-moko owned by one family with white sandy beaches and nipa huts for $50 a night.   But you could get a hut in the back and share the bath for 300 peso.  We declined and looked for a place to eat.  The Retac Garden a nice small restaurant close by.  We ask directions to a Pension house to stay over night.  So after lunch it was an adventure to find the Pension house.  We finally found it and it was nice and clean 200 peso for both of us.  We didn’t stay but looked for the beach and any hotels on the beach.  After getting lost in the mud and sandy roads to the beach we found the beach.  Disappointing, grayish sand and unfriendly beaches.  Fisherman were casting nets and the resorts were not as nice as the Pension house.  We didn’t ask how much and I decided to try to go back to Puerto Princesa before it got dark and go to a hotel there to wait for the next boat back to Iloilo.  Off we go, one thing on the road school kids were either going to school or coming home from school.  Lots of schools in all directions, but we got about half way and finally a flat tire.  We got off and walked the bike.   We stopped a girl on her bike and asked where we could get a flat fixed.   We knew we were in the middle of no place.  Now I am usually prepared but not enough, I always carried a front and rear tube with tools after this.
To be continued: page 17
Ray
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Da Trip Page 17, posted by Peter Lee on Sep 18, 2003

I was wondering when you were going to get that flat tire... :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: