Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 03, 2024, 03:43:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How long is the flight to Butuan?  (Read 4348 times)
mark0978
« on: August 06, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

Flight seems to be very expensive.  How long is the travel time from US to Butuan?  Planning a flight for late Oct.

My departure point will be Huntsville, Atlanta, or Nashville.

I am currently courting a young filipina named "Maria Sheryl Caberte Inchoco".  She is 22, I am 39.  I was married for 16 years, have 2 kids ages 4 and 6.

I don't know if it is the Rose colored glasses or not, but she is definitely rocking my little world.

Dave H
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to How long is the flight to Butuan?, posted by mark0978 on Aug 6, 2003

Hi Mark,

Welcome to P-L. There are a few of us married to Butuan City ladies here on P-L. The travel time to the Philippines and Butuan have been posted already, so I'll tell you about the landing in Butuan. It's a blast...it feels like you are nose diving in from about 30,000 feet into a field of Nipa Huts. Actually, there is a paved runway and the Nipa Huts are just off to the side of the runway. There is a fence now and security to keep the people and animals off the runway. LOL

"I wish they all could be Butuan City girls..."

Dave H.

SteveG
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to How long is the flight to Butuan?, posted by mark0978 on Aug 6, 2003

Mark,
 Hello to a fellow Huntsville dweller!   I know Melly works with a guy who was planning a trip fairly soon...is that you?

Anyway, it has always taken me 34 plus hours to actually get to Mindanao from Huntsville.  This is mainly due to arriving in Manila too late in the evening to catch a flight south that same day.   You can't leave here early enough to prevent that.   So I always stay up all night in the Manila airport and catch the earliest possible flight the next morning.   It is a looonnngggg trip so take a paperback book you like.

Yes, the prices from here are high when you compare them to what the West coast guys will quote on this board.  If you shop around with travel agents who specialize in Philippine airfare you can get a ticket for a bit under $1000 if you are flexible about your travel time.   A friend even got one for $650 a couple of years ago but it involved a terrible lay-over (12hrs) in New York.   It just depends on what you are willing to put up with to save money.

Ok, good luck with your trip.
      SteveG

mark0978
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to My Experience, posted by SteveG on Aug 6, 2003

Dear Steve,

I'm not the guy that knows Melly, but if you are in Huntsville, and don't mind, I'd love to meet with you and talk sometime.  Get to know about the good and bad things that can happen, and what I should/should not expect.

You can email me at mark0978@nospam.com and I'll send you my phone #.

Thanks
Mark

Kreeger
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

Mark,

I flew from Atlanta to San Francisco on Delta (almost 5 hours) and then San Francisco to Manila on Philippine Airlines (12 hours) and then from Manila to Davao (almost 2 hours). The flight from Manila to Butuan is around 1.5 hours. All of the above figures do not include layovers (6-8 hours altogether). Ray has a more correct actual figure for total time of when you leave to when you see your sweetheart. Remember that they are 13 hours ahead of you, so jetlag is a killer.

Good Luck

NateD
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: How long is the flight to Butuan?, posted by Kreeger on Aug 6, 2003

Hey Kreeger,

Speaking of jetlag, I remember when I went to Japan, they're about 14 hours ahead of us--at least when I went.  THe jetlag when I got over there wasn't too bad.  But when I got back...ouch!  I couldn't stay up past seven for about a week straight!

NateD

Jeff S
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: How long is the flight to Butuan..., posted by NateD on Aug 6, 2003

It's always harder flying east than west for me too.

- Jeff

Ray
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

Welcome aboard Mark.

How much is expensive? Is this your 1st trip to the Philippines?

I would figure 2 days on the calendar or 30-36 hrs actual travel time, depending on the route.

As you're finding out, this endeavor will be expensive and sometimes frustrating, but the potential rewards are great.

How long will you be over there?

Ray

mark0978
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: How long is the flight to Butuan?, posted by Ray on Aug 6, 2003

I was planning on spending close to 4 weeks (including travel time.

We were going to say with her parents, then in Butuan, maybe some time near a beach/scuba diving spot, then back to her parents.

Depending on how things go, we might marry there, or just apply for the fiance visa and marry here.

I guess I'm scared because of the book "Long way to go for a date" by Henry Makow.  His experience was grueling to say the least.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: