Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 01, 2024, 03:35:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The adventure begins now ....  (Read 15231 times)
Jeff S
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Sushi Tips, posted by Bob S on Jan 21, 2003

Nothing like a yakitori bar with free flowing beer, especially during the sumo tournament. Been following it? We've been watching every night.

Anyway, I'm sure Eric will have a blast.

- Jeff

Dave H
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Sushi Tips, posted by Jeff S on Jan 21, 2003

Here's a nice Who's Who in Sumo webpage:

www.sumo.or.jp/eng/meikan/menu.html

A direct link to Takanohana:

www.sumo.or.jp/eng/meikan/rikishidata/rikishi.php?A=1

Too much football in the US and not enough sumo on TV for my tastes. Time to put on my purple mawashi and practice. ;o)))

Dave H.

Jeff S
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Sumo, posted by Dave H on Jan 23, 2003

.. the other night. If it weren't for the slanty eyes and topknot, he'd have been a dead ringer for Uncle Fester in a purple g-string. In fact I almost yelled - "Hey it's Dave with his eyes taped back!" Got a secret sideline you're not telling us about?

Nihon-shu mo ippon kudasai...

- Jeff

Dave H
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to I thought I recognized you...., posted by Jeff S on Jan 23, 2003

Hey Jeff,

Kookoo-no toki-wa tenisu-o shimasita. Then I discovered sumo in 1972 when Takamiyama (Jesse Kuhaulua) won the Emperor's Cup.

Dave H.

Jeff S
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to It was me..., posted by Dave H on Jan 24, 2003

Dave H
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Anato-no Nihongo wa jozu desu ne! (n/t), posted by Jeff S on Jan 24, 2003

[This message has been edited by Dave H]

Hi Jeff,

You can imagine my disappointment when I discovered that my school didn't offer sumo as a varsity sport. Through hard work, dedication, diet, training, and reading, I have become a sumo in my mind...and body. LOL

Dave "Yokozuna" H.

The Hamisami Group

Bob S
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Sushi Tips, posted by Jeff S on Jan 21, 2003

Naw, just the sports news on late night TV.  Takanohana is retiring, so I guess it was a good thing to see him live when I did back in the summer.  Ne?

Eric left a message on my voice mail tonight.  I'll meet him at Kawagoe Eki tomorrow at 11:00 or so, drop off his bags at my place, then send him on a solo walking tour of the city while I head off to work.  Then he'll come by the school in the evening where I'll expose my class to the English of ANOTHER FOREIGNER! (oh my).  And after that, maybe a dozen of us will go to a local smoke-filled yakitori place.  Let's see how he handles being the center of attention! ;-)

Jeff S
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to su-MO, posted by Bob S on Jan 23, 2003

After those three-in-a-row defeats from lightweights, Takanohana almost had to retire. Now, it's come out that he had to be heavily persuaded to compete since he was pretty badly injured. He sure was ganjo - hated to see him go. What do you think of the Mongolians? They're mighty impressive.

Yeah, Eric is definately in for a new experience, "honto takai desu NE!" Be sure to let us know how it went.

- Jeff

Jeff S
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to The  adventure  begins now ...., posted by Windmill Boy on Jan 20, 2003

Enjoy yourself!

- Jeff S.

Jimbo
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to The  adventure  begins now ...., posted by Windmill Boy on Jan 20, 2003

Have fun WB,

You must be very excited!  Sounds like a well planned trip.  I look forward to your trip report - a new experience in Japan will be great for the board.  It's sure to have interesting culinary delights mixed in with the romantic delights.... uh, I didn't mean that the way it sounded :-0

Jim

SteveB
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Best of luck!!!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: