Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 29, 2024, 12:21:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Your hryvnia or your life.....  (Read 3732 times)
LP
« on: January 24, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

...Anyone have any experience with iKobo?

I'm looking into using them as a back up funding source when in the FSU and for handling current obligations without setting up another account at my bank. (I never use my personal accounts for security reasons).

Spare me other transfer schemes please, I only want the dope on iKobo, good or bad.

RfB
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Your hryvnia or your life....., posted by LP on Jan 24, 2005

Seemed like a good deal,, load some money into it on this end, and they send the card to use on the other end, and the in-laws can withdraw via ATM. Seems good, but it did not turn out as planned. They misaddressed the envelope containing the first card,(not the info inside the envelope), so the first card never gets there. Numerous inquiries as to what happened, but the time passed for getting a good offseason airfare ticket from St. Pete to JFK. They cancelled the first, and the second card showed up 3 weeks later. My Mother in Law brought both when she visited last summer. In trying to figure out which of the numerous Pin numbers was actually the right one for the right card,it tripped the protection trigger (too many wrong Pins), so another email to get a valid Pin. I got about $90 out (from $100)from an ATM here, but before I used it all,  iKobo cancelled the cards we had in hand, and sends a third replacement to her in Russia, too bad she's still here visiting. Enough,,, I gave her an ATM card from a seperate account from Netbank. I can transfer money in a second, no extra fees, and she can only withdraw up to the amount in the account.
Dan
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Your hryvnia or your life....., posted by LP on Jan 24, 2005

Seemed pretty painless - and effective.

All went exactly as advertised. Cost me a few bucks to send the card to the fellow in Russia - but he got it only a few days later than expected, and it worked like a champ.

FWIW

- Dan

LP
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Yep, I Do . . ., posted by Dan on Jan 24, 2005

[This message has been edited by LP]

Thanks Danny. You had to send the card? Unless I misunderstood the website iKobo claims they send it directly to the recipient. That would be me in one case but not in a few others.

*edit*...Oh I see, you signed up as the recipient and then sent the card right? (I'm easily confused these days Wink Was there a reason you did that? Why didn't you sign him up as the recipient and have iKobo send the card directly? Was this a one time deal or did you repeatably fund the card?

Dan
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Yep, I Do . . ., posted by LP on Jan 24, 2005

I did, indeed, sign my contact in Moscow as the recipient. I never saw the card. That is why it took an extra couple of days for the card to arrive - because Ikobo had to send it to him and it still had to pass through Customs.

I just used their 'Send Money' option - and at that time, it cost a few extra $$ because the guy I was sending it to , had never had a card prior.

Keep asking if I haven't answered your ?? yet.

- Dan

RfB
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Yep, I Do . . ., posted by LP on Jan 24, 2005

When you sign up somebody, AND fund the card to send money. If you just sign up, no card. If you send money, they get a card, but you don't get one also for being the one sending.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: