Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 02, 2024, 10:01:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Losing Interest?  (Read 9925 times)
Cold Warrior
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: lol...., posted by Pordzhik on May 14, 2003

I heard that a travel agency in Bournemouth was offering a day trip to Moscow. Just 3 hours away it is a bargain.
Pordzhik
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to day trip to Moscow, posted by Cold Warrior on May 14, 2003

booze cruiser Wink
Cold Warrior
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Now that would make a nice change for th..., posted by Pordzhik on May 15, 2003

Bath travel is offering the day trip to Moscow with PalmAir, however I don't see it listed.

http://www.bathtravel.com/holiday2002/day_trips_from_bournemouth.htm

Pordzhik
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Details, posted by Cold Warrior on May 15, 2003

Scaught
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Losing Interest?, posted by SimonSays on May 14, 2003

Of course this is a ridiculous idea of hers. What I'd add is that she is being selfish. If she cared about you, she would tell you that YOU could get the high interest, not HER. Why is she entitled to your interest? That's really, really cheeky. She boldly is telling you she wants to use you for money. Pretty loud and clear. And, yes, it also sounds like a "bank" scam to me. And what's the tax on the interest in Ukraine? 50%?

I'd change my perspective on her and focus more on other women, like you said you would. I would still write to this lady, and decline the offer nicely. "It sounds like a great opportunity, but the stock market here just shot up twenty percent, so there are opportunities here that are better for me. I am very glad that this choice will not change our relationship." Answer her selfish perspective with a statement of your self interest.

I wonder if you have already sent her money and if this is her way of helping you so your support would be free. If so, that would change all of our responses.

thesearch
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to I love the double meaning of this thread..., posted by Scaught on May 14, 2003

sadf
Pordzhik
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Yea and she is trying to sew something u..., posted by thesearch on May 15, 2003

John K
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

While others obviously are talking about the huge scam potential here, I will take a slightly different tangent.

Marina told me long ago that the banks used to do this a lot.  They would offer incredible rates of interest to get you to put your money with them.  Unfortunately, a lot of these plans were a type of pyramid scheme, using newer investors to pay the interest of the older investors.  

Eventually, a person would show up to get their money, only to find the bank had closed and there would be nobody to contact.  Many people lost their life's savings to these scams.

Caveat Emptor.

wsbill
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to The banking ordeal, posted by John K on May 14, 2003

Has just said.
TwoBitBandit
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

I strongly agree with the other posts, who basically said:

1.  Don't trust a woman you're never bet.

2.  Even if she's trustworthy, a Ukranian bank may not be.

I'm adding 3:

3.  Even if the woman is honest and the bank makes good, your deposit is still denominated in an emerging market currency with high inflation.  I couldn't find any recent inflation numbers on the web for Ukraine, but year-on-year increase in consumer prices in Russia (with a similar economy) is 14.6%.  So, in Russia, a 13% interest rate actually has a negative return in real terms.

http://www.economist.com/markets/indicators/index_wide.cfm?page=Emerging%20Market&story_id=1769669

Pordzhik
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

Nearly four months is a long time, and three emails per day a lot of work to invest in a scam, yet five grand is a huge big payoff in Ukraine. This is certainly a new one on me and this board. I take it that this girl is not daft and fully understood how this suggestion might damage your relationship? or maybe she really is a nice daft girl who has been taken in by a friends suggestion?

Why not try telling her that you've got huge debts and cannot afford this amount? See what happens?

I also wonder, whatever gave her the impression that you're flush with cash???

wsbill
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

Tell her you have a millionaire friend who wants to find a decent girl and if she has any friends who'd like to live off of his money?

DanM
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

Please do not send any money to a woman you have not met in person!!!

Its a very big red flag when a woman asks for money before she has even met you. For her to ask to "hold" $5,000 of your money does not sound right.

Also I don't think you would want to leave $5,000 in a Ukrainian bank even if she is honest about her intentions.

I really hope you place several more ladies on your trip. If possible, don't get too attached to any girl before you actually meet. It works out sometimes, but you are placing yourself at a greater risk.

Best of luck.

hockeybrain
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Losing Interest?, posted by DanM on May 14, 2003

Agree
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: