Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 02, 2024, 08:30:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: High expectations  (Read 58190 times)
BubbaGump
« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Oh yes, the Mexicans..., posted by MarkInTx on Jan 2, 2003

During WW2 a bunch of southerners had a gunfight with Japanese soldiers in asia.  The Japanese weren't dug in they just ran into each other in the jungle.  A big gun battle ensued and all 300 Japanese were killed.  The US commander asked how many did we lose and it turned out no US soldiers were killed.  It just turned out the US soldiers were very good shots and the Japanese soldiers never learned how to shoot very well.  Of course, we can still shoot of course but it so much easier now to just bomb the sh1t out of them.  Soon we'll be doing it by remote control just like in video games.  Heaven help those arabs if my friend's kid very gets to control one of those preditor drones and plays "Invasion Iraq."
ChrisNJ
« Reply #76 on: January 03, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to I saw something like that on TV once, posted by BubbaGump on Jan 3, 2003

Just think how many AMERICAN LIVES will be saved!!!
WmGo
« Reply #77 on: December 31, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: High expectations, posted by Haroshij on Dec 31, 2002

yes, the Russian middle class is growing, but in point of fact it is still practically nonexistant. To go from  no middle class to a few percent of the population of *Moscow* and *St. Petersburg* in the middle class does technically mean growth but, it does not support the proposition that prosperity is coming to the Russian people as a whole. It isn't and it probably never will due to the massive and inherant corruption. The negative population growth and future impact of the skyrocketing HIV rate is predicted by social scientists to shrink the population from its current figure of just under 150M to an incredible 100M by the year 2050. That fact spells economic DOOM for mother Russia.

Yes, it is getting real good for about 1%, and a *little* better for maybe 25% in the two major population centers, but it is only getting  getting worse for the vast majority.

The talk about people moving with their spouses back to Russia to be more contented is a pathetic joke.

svanos1
« Reply #78 on: December 31, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Demographic Reality, posted by WmGo on Dec 31, 2002

My wife is from the Ukraine.  She has a very high degree from big university there (in Dnepropetrovsk) in mechnical engineering.  But, she was making $50/month there and hadn't even had hot water in her apartment for 4 years, and her shoes were 6 years old and her winter coat had about had it.

When I went there, I bought here a hot water heater, new shoes, new winter boots, and 2 new leather/fur coats.

I think that you guys have got a lot backwards.  If a woman from there TRULY loves you and is truly mature, she isn't going to be too upset about living in the country.  I'm paying $900/month for child support and my wife is happy (with her engineering job) to help out.  But we are doing pretty good with combined income of about $150,000/year.  But, we have two smaller children, and I have 2 still in college.

If you go over there and marry some tour groupie who is much under 25 years old and all slinky and western looking, then you  deserve what you end up getting (in all likelihood).

yoe
« Reply #79 on: January 01, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Demographic Reality, posted by svanos1 on Dec 31, 2002

wearing a $2000 mink coat on a $50 a month salary-priceless
joe
BubbaGump
« Reply #80 on: December 31, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

from what I have read to the major cities.  I assume this is still true.  Money may be made from resources in the outside the major cities but the money has a tendency to stay in Moscow or St Petersburg.  

As our poster has mention Norway is the most properous country but Canada and the USA rank 5th and 6th.  The group doing the rating did not like it that in the USA the wealth was not distributed more evenly and we were rated lower as a result.  I wonder how we would have rated otherwise.

yoe
« Reply #81 on: December 31, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

[This message has been edited by yoe]

most people could not go through what Russian people do..
This being the case, I would vote on strong educated white people any day of the week. The reason the Jews and now the Blacks have and are becoming culturally competetive if not superior is oppression. If you want a people to overcome and conquer......give them nothing to lose. I feel we will see some interesting alliances with Russian and other Easterners in the next decade or two. My money is on the Bear...That is where I am investing anyway. America the Beautiful may not maintain its glamour after it is reduced to a warzone...similar to Grenada.I am not a pessimist, just looking at history. Can you say, Roman Empire?
Joe
BURKE89
« Reply #82 on: January 02, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Like my wife said..., posted by yoe on Dec 31, 2002

ChrisNJ
« Reply #83 on: December 31, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Like my wife said..., posted by yoe on Dec 31, 2002

n/t
Griffin
« Reply #84 on: December 31, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: High expectations, posted by Haroshij on Dec 31, 2002

Haroshij
« Reply #85 on: December 31, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to You may be right, but it sounds fishy to..., posted by Griffin on Dec 31, 2002

It sounds maybe fishy, but it tastes delicious and is very healthy.
KenC
« Reply #86 on: December 31, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to High expectations, posted by Haroshij on Dec 31, 2002

Haroshij,
You hit the mark again, my friend.  If all a guy has to sell to a RW is "America", it will be a shallow and unhappy relationship at best.  My wife had a good life in Russia and was by no means impoverished.  That, coupled with the fact that she would prefer to live in Russia over the US takes financial gain out of our equation.  There have been a few stories here where the RW was over sold on the man's lifestyle only to have the relationship implode because of the realities.  You are correct in that either party can be a scammer.  It is best to just be yourself.
KenC
Horoshij
« Reply #87 on: January 03, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to right on, posted by KenC on Dec 31, 2002

Hi KenC,

Yeah, we agree on everything except that issue about what prevent people from getting success, their own will and ability or the structures of society.

Never the mind. I'm not in mood to discuss that not. I want peace with everybody.

Thank you for being such a nice guy. Greetings to your wife.

Haroshij

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: