Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 29, 2024, 05:15:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My marriage?  (Read 14320 times)
Quasimoto
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: sorry to hear, posted by juio99 on Dec 17, 2002

You would think so. And that has been exactly my trouble. I am not a real active church goer, but I belong to the Assemblies of God Church. However, I must say that I got tired of the excessive salaries the ministers seem to make, cars, houses, etc. when all they do is preach one "feel good" sermon a week. I think it is mass marketing snake oil religion. Why don't I ever hear Hell mentioned there? Anyway, regardless of my beliefs or yours, Tanya and I were of the same church. We were married by a pastor from her village, and in my eyes I was married. But to tell the truth, it seems she was able to get over, around, or under this issue. Even my Best Man, Yuri, said "Steve! Tanya married you before God!" So I guess you can see my view here. But I can't do anything. I could go there and have her pastor "un-marry us" I guess. But I don't plan on going back to Ukraine. I believe there are good ladies there. But I struck out twice, due to my need to meet only one woman. Now I am headed to some new, interesting place, with a new approach. I think God will forgive me. Tanya? That is between them.

Steve

thesearch
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: sorry to hear, posted by Quasimoto on Dec 16, 2002

Steve,

Again, it is easy to rationalize what happens, but at a gut level if one is intuitive like you are, you sense something is not right.

There is too much at stake in all of this. I personally think that more caution then otherwise is indicated as there are just too many women over there to compromise at all.

For me, if something does not look right I would leave - no mater how beautiful the gal is. It is that beauty that can get a guy to ignore his concerns. If she were ugly, you would not let it ride.

My theory (one of my rules) is that you have to pretend that the lady that you are seeing is dead ugly, then you would focus on other things that would attract you. How she acts, treats you, etc,. if these things were not there you would walk away from a dead ugly gal in a heart beat  right?

If guys only  follow this one of what I think of as  greg's rules you will avoid a lot of heartache.

So, if you are wrong and you walk away from a beautiful woman that is really interested and you have misinterpreted for example the innuendos such as being 24" away from you as compared to the man on the other side, ---- she will not let you get away that easily ----- she will chase you if she really loves you. It is as simple as that.

My rule is you never have to win a woman over. You only have to let her know who you are - so that she can see you and understand how you feel about her.

She will come to her conclusions and will show you how she feels in her every action. If you do not think the actions are what you want - walk away. You can not lose with this approach IMHO.

The problem was that she used things like religion, being too thin to through you off. She did this to bide time as she was processing with the expense of such being dumped in your lap. I am sorry, but it happens all the time.

In your own home town you have more time to watch and evaluate. In this FSU MOB venue - one rarely gets that luxury.

Pordzhik
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to My marriage?, posted by Quasimoto on Dec 15, 2002

Just like the other guys here I'm sorry things haven't worked out for you and after this courtship going on for so long a time and having the "marriage" and all. I hope you bounce back soon and return to the search, the sooner the better, nothing like the POB chase to heal that heartache! But your not really married at all! Any marriage needs to be consumated to be valid, in law, and in the eyes of God. Thats very simple.

I'd say the biggest mistake you made here is the cash.

Now this $175.00 per month? Peanuts for us in the west, to afford this amount to help the woman we love. But it's a pretty penny for any Ukrainian or Russian woman to have as spending money over there. And after fifteen months of this windfall it would be very difficult for a RW to say goodbye to this sum. Whatever her feelings for the man.

It's so soooo easy for us to think that $100.00 is so little in the west, but would make so much difference to their lives (and charactor), which it does, but it can also bring on this kind of trouble. Try to refrain from being generous, they survived before you came, you'll only spoil them with this kind of cash.

Even before I first visited Kiev, just like the rest of you, I researched through the internet and found the $60.00 per night apartments. Apart from being a tightwad and having limited means, I considered how (in such an impoverished country) my spending over $800.00 for a two week stay in some posh city centre apartment would impact on my girls imagination as to what my wealth may amount to. I just knew there would be cheaper flats to rent in a city where some people don't even earn $60.00 per month.

I just asked my girl to help me find something cheaper as I had better uses for that kind of money, thus sowing the seeds in her head that I wasn't some super-rich western flash-the-cash wanker.

The same goes for $100.00 restaurants etc, of course arrange those special dates, but keep the lid on that cash or you'll give your girl some cock-eyed view about your wealth and she'll be disapointed that your $40,000 per year income don't buy the same in the US as it would in Kiev.

My experience is; my wife knew nothing about money in the west (except the names of the US presidents on your banknotes)didn't know the difference between a credit card and a debit card or a cash card, didn't understand how a cheque worked or why we all seem to need bank accounts here. I could go on and on.

When I first met my girl she lived with her parents and worked in a school and earned 100 grivna per month! after such low incomes anyone who goes splashing out $175.00 per month on these women can expect to foster a kid in the candy store mentality.

My Tuppenceworth.

tim360z
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to THE POWER OF CASH, posted by Pordzhik on Dec 16, 2002

yeah!  The monthly cash dole can definitely open up a can of worms which complicates everything,  I think.  I find a certain simplemindedness with RW in regard to our dollars...some think dollars are almost unlimited for Americans...which ain't true at all.  Alot has to do with inexperience with our money values.  It is a matter of scale...like you don't give a 12 year old a large allowance.
Stevo
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

I certainly wouldn't consider myself married in any way, shape or form.  You never even got the chance to consumate the marriage.  The one ray of sunshine here is that you didn't bring her over to REALLY complicate your life.

It could be MUCH worse...so just put it behind you and move on.  You'll find someone.

Stevo

Dan
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

That news REALLY disturbs me. I didn't know.

I'll write you off-board.

Take care of yourself,

- Dan

Rags
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

Let me say that I am sorry that you have gone through all this. Also let me thank you for sharing your expiriences (good and bad) to the benefit of all on this forum.

Keep your chin up and good luck in your search.

John LV
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

I'm sorry to hear about this, but something you said to me rang a bell in my head, "She said that a husband should take care of his family", bingo my friend, that is exactly what Natasha told me over and over and over and over again.

Here is how it would go, Natasha, we are pretty strapped this month, please do not spend any money till after the first and I can take care of these 3500 dollars a month in bills we have. Since she wouldn't work, I had to take care of this myself. She would say, "ok, I understand, I won't spend any money"

Then I would find out she spent 28 dollars on this, 35 dollars on that, 16 dollars on this, 22 dollars on that, 40 dollars on this, 36 dollars on that, and by the time you added it all up, were talking hundreds of dollars.

I would confront her and say, "Natasha, what part about what I told you don't you understand? I'm trying to make the rent this month and your out spending money", she would say, "I only spend a small amount of money, I need to have things, a man should be able to take care of his family"

Totally illogical, totally irrational, totally irresponsible, I should be thanking God she is gone, I'm way better off now, thank you for reminding me of this about her, god it was a freaking nightmare with her.

I think there are just a lot of really bad girls over in Russia, life being so hard there, and the nonexistance of God there, makes woman use people as if it were nothing at all, way worse than any AW ever thought about being.

I'm going to Moscow to become a "Moscow stud", hee hee hee, watch out Moscow girls, here I come.

My friend, I can understand what your going through, be very careful next time, realize these girls can be ten times more viscious than any AW ever could, lying, deceiving, manipulating you where an AW would not have the need to do such a thing.

Good luck in the future.

David

MtMav
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

share a positive experience! Not so easy to share a less than positive experience. Thanks for sharing your's and best of luck in your future endeavors.
Cold Warrior
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

the lack of affection from her should have been a red flag for you. Another guy below had a similar experience to you where the woman refused to sleep with him because she was a 'virgen'. My first girlfriend in Kiev had a similar stance althought we eventually ended up in bed. I think it is difficult to really guess the end game of the woman however a good clue is the amount of effort she  puts into the relationship and her attitude towards you. At the least sign of negativism I usually walk. There are better pastures elsewhere. Best of luck to you and don't give up. She is out there somewhere.Go get her.
Mike
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

Sorry to hear you went through the ringer, but the up side is you should be able to look back at this and realize it's for the best. Can you imagine what she would be like after a few months here or longer! TROUBLE

Mike

Oscar
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

Sorry that you had to go through all that..

Best regards,
Oscar

PS- If you ever want to talk, you know I'm just a city away.  If you would like to get together for dinner one night or something, let me know..

Quasimoto
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Really sorry about your experience Steve..., posted by Oscar on Dec 15, 2002

I think that would be great!

I will email you sometime after the new year. It may be February before I can get out of here. It is the busy time at work. Is your lady here yet?

Steve

Oscar
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Really sorry about your experience S..., posted by Quasimoto on Dec 16, 2002

She'll be here shortly.  Getting together after the new year would be great and you can meet her.  I'm sure she will have some thoughts and perhaps some insights for you that hopefully might help..

Just let me know when you're free and we'll all do dinner.

Oscar

Quasimoto
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Really sorry about your experien..., posted by Oscar on Dec 16, 2002

Will do Oscar!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: