Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 05, 2024, 02:03:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Story of a Runner  (Read 3216 times)
Cold Warrior
« on: January 02, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

From the Chicago Tribune
( funny how the liberal media always reports the failures instead of sucesses of AM/RW marriages)

Cheryl Lavin  
From Russia, without love
He gets unhappy lesson in foreign relations

Published November 1, 2001

Remember Don and Raisa? Don went to Russia to find a bride because he wasn't having much luck with American women. He met Raisa and today they're happily married. Unfortunately, David's Russian adventure hasn't had the same happy ending.

David met Martina while he was living in Russia, working for an American accounting firm. Before they met, Martina had been dating a German and she spent all her spare time studying German. After he dumped her, she met David and began studying English. He wasn't planning on marrying her until she got pregnant. That was a surprise because she was supposedly on the pill.

"I was suspicious about the circumstances of the pregnancy, thus I insisted on a prenuptial agreement. We each reviewed it with legal counsel, negotiated the terms, had the final version officially translated into Russian, then signed by the vice consul of the U.S. Embassy in Moscow. I thought this would protect me if her only goal was to obtain citizenship. At least my assets would be safe."

A complete turnaround

A year after their son was born, David and Martina moved to the States. Almost immediately, she became impossible to live with. "She called me names, insulted me, challenged my masculinity, often poking me in the chest saying, `You don't know how to satisfy a woman, you are a weak man, I need a strong man to satisfy me.' This was especially frustrating as she would not have sexual relations with me."

During one argument, David broke several lamps. Martina called the police saying she was being abused. When the police arrived she said he had thrown her against the TV and showed a small red mark on her arm. The police refused to arrest him.

A few days later, David saw that his copies of their prenuptial agreement were missing. He started paying attention to Martina's movements and listening in to her phone calls.

"What I heard made my blood curdle. She was telling everyone that I was physically abusing her although she refused her friends' offers of assistance. She wanted to provoke me into an act of physical violence so that she would have an arrest report. Russian friends, divorced immigrants, were telling her what to do and how to do it."

David also learned that Martina had hired an attorney. He told her she needed a police report and a doctor's report. She should go to a therapist and claim distress. Martina followed the advice. She began seeing a family counselor. She said David refused to accompany her, although at the time, he knew nothing about it. She saw a doctor who put her on an antidepressant but noted "No physical abuse at this time" in his records.

Waiting for her green card

The months rolled on. Nothing changed. David refused to respond to her tirades because "I knew what her goal was." As soon as she got her green card, she would file for divorce. He didn't want her deported because he was afraid she would gain custody of their son and take him back to Russia with her.

David came up with a way to deal with Martina. He was told he would not be arrested if he threw water on his wife to shut her up. So that's what he did. He kept a bucket of water at his desk and showed it to Martina whenever she started her name-calling and insults.

But the next time David threw water on her, Martina ran to her room, called the police, and cried into the phone "Please come to my house. My husband is abusing me. I'm locked in my room and scared to come out. He's got weapons!" Four police cars responded. The officers entered with weapons drawn. Although no arrest was made, David realized that the situation was out of control. He hired an attorney, filed for divorce and had Martina evicted.

Her attorney responded with a 70-page court filing, claiming that David had repeatedly physically abused Martina and kept her a "virtual slave." He filed a separate civil suit asking for damages.

Quite a haul

Despite a lack of evidence, Martina was eventually awarded full custody of their son, $450 a week in child support, David's car, most of his assets and her lawyer's fees.

"I know that I'm not alone because I heard my wife talking with many other Russian women who have repeated the same thing. They get a perfect immigration: a green card, a divorce and tens of thousands of dollars to go with them."

MarkInTx
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Story of a Runner, posted by Cold Warrior on Jan 2, 2002

It is chilling to hear of a woman who "instantly" changes.

I doubt that very much... but if that's his story, Who am I to say? (Although I'm betting that he had plenty of warnings along the way and chose to ignore them...)

But the point is, it sounds like the pre-nup worked.

She got custody... not unusual.

He had to pay child support -- without knowing how much he made, this figure is not so crazy. I paid $1200 a month child support, and I had my daughter 50% of the time!

They said she got all of his assets... but no details. I suspect that she didn't get all of them. The car? Depends on what it was... migjht have been a BMW... might have been a Nova.

Over all, this story would be just another divorce tragedy... except that the woman was from Russia.

I have heard far worse stories of AW.

All divorces are bad.

Sounds like he could have saved himself by responding sooner. He knew what she was up to.

BTW... if he has suspicions about the baby... why'd he marry her? And, beyond that... he has heard of Pre-Nups... but not DNA tests???

BubbaGump
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

With the availability of small video cameras he should have videotaped her outbursts.  He could have also used a tape recorder to record her phone conversations and find out her plans.  Tapes of phone conversations may not be admissable in court proceedings of some states but they could still help you plan out your countermeasures.
BrianN
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to What he might have done, posted by BubbaGump on Jan 2, 2002

Often, video/audio recordings can be used as ammunition to shame the woman, and that can be enough to get them to admit deceit, and eventually, defeat - done in the right way.

Amazing how so many people can ignore the X10 ads that pop up everywhere these days on the browser screen, not knowing how good of a tool they can be.

They work.  Believe me.

Any of you guys having trouble.. x10.com

BarryM
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

The first time she calls the cops is the last time. Divorce the b!tch no matter what. This is a rule for not just RW, all women, period.

-blm

ron
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

cold warrior, sounds like a thousand similiar stories i have heard about american women. i guess one should know as much about the lady he is marrying, no matter where she is from.
thesearch
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Story of a Runner, posted by ron on Jan 2, 2002

I don't mean to be facetious but rarely are a few visits enough to really get to know a woman especially if she has an agenda. I really is a dilemma. I do not see any good answer and pre nups do not always work if you are trying to cover your ass.

I would hope that if it were me and I saw any red flags that were other than temporary issues, I would call the INS and claim physical and mental abuse before she did and also claim that she was a green card shark and that I was being used to get into the USA.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: