Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 02, 2024, 11:37:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Green card interview today only 15 minutes  (Read 2703 times)
Mike
« on: January 03, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

My wife and I went for our interview today and was asked no trick questions, we were not asked for any evidence, or pictures of us together, I mean nothing, not even our joint accounts. Also they didn't ask for the I-864 sponsor papers ! We just held our hands up and was sworn in and handed over our passports and answered questions that pertained to the information they already have, such as our birth date, and such things. By the way this was in Columbus Ohio.

arrived in the U.S. Aug 9th
Married Aug 14th
Mailed in AOS stuff on the 15th
EAD Sept 8th ( I think )
Green card interview Jan 3rd

I think that is less then 6 months from the time she arrived !
Mike

yoe
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Green card interview today only 15 minut..., posted by Mike on Jan 3, 2002

While I paid a lawyer for intial papers and waited an extra 2 months for INS our AOS and green card stuff went through with lighting speed............I think the first 5 minutes they seen my wife and I together they new we were legit-no other two people could be more suited or deserving of each other..........in other words no one else could put up with us.......good luck on the rest of your venture.
Joe
Jeff
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Green card interview today only 15 minut..., posted by Mike on Jan 3, 2002

Sounds like the same experience we had.  I think it is so funny these people that drag their lawyers in for the interview.   You have to be pretty dense to not be able to do everything without a lawyer, or just plain lazy.  If you have internet access and a phone, you can do just about anything on your own.
Charles
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re:  Green card interview today only 15 ..., posted by Jeff on Jan 3, 2002

I'm glad your experience was easy, but it's not always the case with AOS interviews. I agree that a lawyer is probably not necessary, but just last week there was a post about someone who had to come back again because of lack of preparation in having the necessary documents.  Don't assume it will be easy for you and prepare for a possible grilling which was the case with us.  You can't assume that this will always be a 15 minute walk in the park.
Mike
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re:  Don't Assume It's Always a Cake..., posted by Charles on Jan 3, 2002

I agree 100% ! Even though I think no one needs a lawyer, I do think one must be over prepaired when going for an interview.
Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: