Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 03, 2024, 09:13:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flu Epedemic In Kiev??? Is there A Doctor in  (Read 11781 times)
Dan
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Dolka nimnoga - wrong spelling. it's..., posted by BarryM on Nov 17, 2001

Wading into the transliteration debate is, I have found, one sure-fire way to discover how little I know about the Russian language - or at least, how the Russian language is transliterated into English.

Have you ever noticed that NOBODY seems to want to follow published transliteration rules (or are they only guidelines)??

Keep up the good work - somebody's got to show the courage --smile--.

Cheers,

- Dan

BarryM
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Barry, You're a Braver Man Than Me --smi..., posted by Dan on Nov 18, 2001

Are there published transliteration rules ? I've never seen any for Russian. There are variations of the Latin alphabet for Serb-Croatian, Bulgarian, and Azerbaijani.

I prefer the Cyrillic alphabet for Slavic language because of the differences in pronunciation from English. I find transliterated Russian confusing and difficult to interpret.

-blm

LP
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Barry, You're a Braver Man Than Me --smi..., posted by Dan on Nov 18, 2001

....It makes me laugh to see such butchering of the language.

The "spaceeba" thing in particular is a hoot. You'd think these guys would learn basic grammer, and that an "o" is pronounced as "ah" in many cases. Geez, there's aways a Russian dictionary also.

lol...Spasibo, keep it up.

tfcrew
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Flu Epedemic In Kiev??? Is there A Docto..., posted by tim360z on Nov 16, 2001

My son in law was down with this in Odessa last week also.
Extend get well wishes, be patient, and see what happens Wink
Karl
Dan
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Flu Epedemic In Kiev??? Is there A Docto..., posted by tim360z on Nov 16, 2001

That if she came down with a serious case of flu, they would want her hospitalized for a couple of weeks. It is also the time for the flu to start it's rounds in Eastern Europe, so it doesn't surprise me at all that she caught it.

I hope she is doing OK. Unless you have a good reason for doubting her, I'd be highly-inclined to give her the benefit of the doubt in this instance.

FWIW

- Dan

wsbill
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Spoke with my lady today and she said it was snowing and cold out.

Where is Kiev in relationship to North America?  Like in Winnepeg, Canada Huh

Here in NW TN the weather is like 65-70 today, I was wearing a tank top and shorts all day long....working on my greenhouse (puttin the roof on)!

Perfect weather!  But normally it's like awful cold, I guess we'll get that next month.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: