Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 08, 2024, 09:54:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Time between 2nd NOA and interview  (Read 3720 times)
davet
« on: November 17, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

How much time is "normal" for the INS (NSC in particular) to notify the Moscow embassy?  The Moscow embassy will not start anything until it receives this official notification.  They are quoting 4-6 weeks over the phone.  Another applicant has waited nearly 8 weeks.  What are the particulars about the "pouch" and notification?  Thanks

Dave

SteveM
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Time between 2nd NOA and interview, posted by davet on Nov 17, 2001

Guys,

This latest exchange points out the confusion that results from leaving out important details:

Moscow and Warsaw have very different procedures.  There is little point in asking a question if you don't say which Embassy you are working with, and more damage than good if you answer questions about one with experience from the other.

Same goes for service centers.  For most of them, it takes several weeks to get the approval papers to Moscow (I don't know about Warsaw, since we did Moscow).  However, if you are lucky enough to be able to got through Vermont, they usually get them over to the Embassy very quickly.  VSC people need to get an early start on getting police certificates, etc. together, because you may have an interview date within a month of getting the notice from the Embassy.

I know it's crazy--it would make more sense if the procedures were consistent across the board. But they aren't, and when we are trying to help people with questions, that is the first thing they need to know and we need to remember.

Good luck,

Steve M.

mike
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Time between 2nd NOA and interview, posted by davet on Nov 17, 2001

I am in the same boat I have waited 7 weeks and still nothing, I plan on
calling the Moscow Embassy Sunday night and hope they've received my 2nd
NOA from NSC. I call them once a week thats all I can do. I was hoping she
would be here by Christmas but don't know if it is posible now.
davet
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Time between 2nd NOA and interview, posted by mike on Nov 17, 2001

Hi Mike,
How about emailing me directly so we can monitor each other's progress and experiences?  davet@proaxis.com
Dalton Brooks
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Dave:

If you have received your approval notice, you can email the embassy, give them your cade number and request that a provisional file be opened. They will send your fiance packet #3 and she can start compiling all the required documents while they are waiting for the pouch to arrive from INS. In packet # 3 will be a check list of all the required documents and when she has completed the list, she can fax it to the embassy and they will send her packet # 4 and she can start completing all of those requirements. When she is finished she can notify the embassy that both Packets are complete and she is ready for the interview.

She sould have all the necessary requirements completed before the embassy ever gets the pouch and then when they receive it they will schedule the interview and she can schedule the medical exam.

I hope this helps.

Dalton

Oatmeal
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Time between 2nd NOA and interview, posted by Dalton Brooks on Nov 17, 2001

If I am not mistaken, I think you cannot ask for a provisional file at the Moscow Embassy.  Moscow requires the actual paperwork be in their hands before they will open the file and issue an interview date.  Also I think that Moscow does not have a packet 3 or maybe it's Warsaw (I can't remember but I think it's Moscow)  If he his going through Moscow I am pretty sure he will just have to sit tight for now.
Dalton Brooks
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: I think this only pertains to Warsaw..., posted by Oatmeal on Nov 17, 2001

I just assumed that Moscow was the same. Sorry for the misinformation and for correcting me.

Dalton

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: