Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
September 26, 2024, 10:07:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's back...  (Read 8624 times)
Gary Bala
« on: December 07, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

International Marriage Broker regulation efforts, that is.

The feminist advocates are taking on International Marriage Brokers in California with a new bill, as the one in Congress continues to remain pending, with fresh charges of potential for domestic violence abuse.

SEE DECEMBER 03, 2005 ARTICLE:
New Bill Aims to Curtail Mail-Order Bride Abuse
http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/news/local/13319128.htm

In light of recent cases such as that of a Ukraine lady hospitalized with a fractured skull from her husband's beating, Assemblywoman Sally Lieber (D-San Jose) remarked: "There have been a number of instances where women come expecting one type of a situation, looking forward to marriage and greater future possibilities, and end up being subject to domestic violence, rape and other physical abuses."

Lieber's bill AB634 would force all California based broker-agencies to be licensed by a state board, mandate that the owners themselves undergo a police background check, and order the broker-agencies to teach the lady "foreign recruits" how to respond to domestic violence, contact the police, get a court restraining order, etc.

There are reportedly some 70 International Marriage Brokers in California, mostly doing business from the web, and some charging up to $7,000 for their services.

Lady matchmaker Marsha Winter, who hooks up domestic couples in the Bay area, commented that she is "absolutely" in favor of the new proposed foreign bride laws, calling overseas matchmaking "ridiculous". "Tell these guys we have tons of good women here."

Added another foreign bride critic who thinks that the new proposed laws are only a "start": "I think the better start is to make these guys take a sociological test."

doombug
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to It's back..., posted by Gary Bala on Dec 7, 2005

"I think the better start is to make these guys take a sociological test."

To make sure we're obedient enough to the feminist ethic.

Very funny women.

Hoda
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: It's back..., posted by doombug on Dec 7, 2005

All this publicity, will probably make MORE men take a look at other options. Now that would be some very funny shit. More men can go South, East & West much faster than legislation can get through Congress at the Federal or local level...ROTFLMAO!
Ray
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

Nothing surprising here. Just another example of the California Democrats gone berserk...

Quote of the week: Lady matchmaker Marsha Winter, who hooks up domestic couples in the Bay area, commented that she is "absolutely" in favor of the new proposed foreign bride laws, calling overseas matchmaking "ridiculous". "Tell these guys we have tons of good women here."

Yeah, about a half-ton each… LOL!

Hoda
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: It's back..., posted by Ray on Dec 7, 2005

I concur with Ray...LMAO!
Ray
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to With "TON" being the operative..., posted by Hoda on Dec 7, 2005

[This message has been edited by Ray]

I think I found Marsha's Web page. I believe she is the one on the right.

http://www.geocities.com/ilovebigfatties/

:-)

Bueller
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to "We have tons of good women here&qu..., posted by Ray on Dec 7, 2005

But I would like to know if either of them would fit in the bed of that pickup.
Ray
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to I do NOT want to know how you found that..., posted by Bueller on Dec 7, 2005

If either of them did fit in the bed of that pickup, I'm quite sure that the suspension would collapse instantly.

Just another reason why some of us look overseas... LOL!

Pete E
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

I will be going to Bogota next week to renew my visa and check out the Jeep I plan to buy.Beatriz will be going with me.For a hotel I would like reasonble cost luxury,$80 a night or so OK,I don't want to pay $100 plus.Close to the Colombian counsolate in the north good,plus I like the North much better.

Pete

Onephd
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Bogota Hotels, posted by Pete E on Dec 7, 2005

Hotel De la Feria is very near the US embassy.
english speaking, about 75-85 a night for a good room

Av.La Esperanza # 44-31 Bogotá Colombia
Tel: (57-1)5978240 Fax: (57-1)2696051
Reservas Tel: (57-1)2683307 Toll Free: 018000-514000
E-Mail: reservas@hotelesestelar.com
reservas@hoteldelaferia.com

here is a link to the hotel.

http://www.hotelesestelar.com/php/plantillaHotel.php?hotel=10

Pete E
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Bogota Hotels, posted by Pete E on Dec 7, 2005

nt