Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 25, 2024, 06:24:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: K1 or K3 - my thoughts  (Read 1501 times)
JimmySTLOUIS
« on: June 17, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

I think everyone here might agree and I just wanted to throw it out there - the K1 is the much better way to go.

My wife is here on a K-1 and it went quick and we had no problems so far. My wifes cousin did a K-3 (in peru also) and besides jumping throught the hoops of getting married in Peru it took a lot longer for her to get here.
On top of that they have some problems (not sure of the details)

I do have to get her birth certificate translated but no big deal.

We were also lucky that we could file her case here at the local office in St. Louis. That changed April 1 though.

TE AMO PERU!!!!

jim

utopiacowboy
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to K1 or K3 - my thoughts, posted by JimmySTLOUIS on Jun 17, 2005

If all that matters is the speed with which you get her here, the K-1 is the way to go, no dispute on that.

The K-3 is obsolete. They are taking so long to handle K-3 petitions in Missouri that there is just no point to filing for a K-3 any more. The I-130s are starting to get approved quickly and even though the NVC process takes longer, once she arrives with a CR-1, there is no AOS, she can go to work right away and she can even visit Colombia right away. Also the clock for citizenship starts ticking sooner. For those things a K-1 fiance has to get an EAD and AP. Also depending on where you file, AOS can take as long as two years and until a woman's AOS is approved, the clock for citizenship has not started. Then there is also the issue of the less expensive wedding in South America and the fact that all her family and friends can be there. So there are other considerations that may outweigh the speed of a K-1.

OkieMan
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to K1 or K3 - my thoughts, posted by JimmySTLOUIS on Jun 17, 2005

Hi Jimmy,

How did your wife react when you explained to her the immigration options?  Did she express any preferences? Do you think your wife's age played a part in her decision?  So, if I understand you correctly, you married her after she arrived in St. Louis?  Based on your past posts, it would seem she has adjusted to american life well.  Is that correct?   How does she like St. Louis? Does she have any concept of just how big the Mississipi River is? Are there any other comments that would help the rest of us?  Best of luck in the future.

OkieMan

Fuzzyone
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

I think you hit the nail on the head here with the K1. I have gone thru hell trying
to get my wife here on a K3. Immigrations is really became unreal, it is
impossible to talk to anyone who knows what really is going on so if you have a
problem all you can do is wait or call your local Senator and pray they can do
something for you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: