Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
September 26, 2024, 10:08:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Juanes  (Read 3236 times)
valleydude
« on: May 08, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

I went to Juanes tonight and only two words are needed to describe the show: Friggin' Excellent!

Juanes was killer all the way! I have been to probably 200 concerts in my life seeing everyone from the Bongos to U2. I have danced on stage with Annie Lennox, hung out on the bus with Real Life, partied with the Ramones, had Billy Idol give me the finger, back stage passes with Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Metallica and COC, but Juanes was by far the best!
I totally recommend anyone go catch him on this tour!

As Juanes would say.... Adios Lepido! haha!

V-Dude

wildbilman
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Juanes, posted by valleydude on May 8, 2005

Juanez is awesome, I would love to see him! I have a friend in Medellin that says she went to school with him and lived a couple of blocks away. Said her brother played in a rock band with him back when he was a rocker.
I wanted to mention another great Latin artist- Gian Marco. I got to see him perform up close and personal in Lima a couple of months ago and he was amazing. He performs every year at La Estacion where he bacame famous. Every now and then you see a singer who actually sounds better in person than the do recorded. That's a rare thing these days with all the technology. Gian Marco's voice is better in person. Viva musica Latina!!!

Bill

MarkNJ
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Juanes, posted by valleydude on May 8, 2005

You got that right!   I had a chance to see him during his "un dia normal" tour and several times for his lastest "mi sangre" tour.   I have been fortunate that my Colombian connection has always been able to get me front row center for not only Juanes but also Shakira, Soraya, and Carlos Vives.    Juanes tour is winding down with only a few dates remaining this month.   I do know he is adding some dates at the end of the year so you should keep your eyes open.   Carlos Vives has just started his tour and he is another great Colombian artist who puts on a fabulous show.   I have seen him during his last tour and I was just as impressed...   Shakira has not released her dates yet but she will also be starting her tour soon... this time playing the larger venues to a packed house I am sure.
latinadreaming
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Juanes, posted by MarkNJ on May 8, 2005

Thanks for the info on Juanes.  I was not familar with him, so now I will be on the lookout for the music.

I did see Carlos Vives in Cali a couple of years ago during the fereria (sp?) holidays and what a concert.  I encourange everyone to go see him.  My buddy in Cali suggested that we go and I tell you it was a magical evening.  The crowd, the concert--what a wonderful night.  When I told the girl I was dating at the time I had Carlos Vives tickets she got so excited!  It was a great Cali moment.

valleydude
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Juanes, posted by MarkNJ on May 8, 2005

I caught Shakira about 3 years ago and didn't think it got any better than that and Juanes just topped it.

My connections have all faded since the early 90's so I didn't have any with this show, but scored some nice tickets. At the last minute I decided not to risk taking my camera, but after getting there I found out that they allowed cameras. I was totally bummin'! I actually got an email from the girl behind me to send me some pictures. We were talking a Carlos date too, so maybe it will pan out. haha!

Either way, Carlos will be here in September and I'll be there!

V-Dude

MarkNJ
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Juanes, posted by valleydude on May 8, 2005

I was able to attend the Tour of the Mongoose shows in Philadelphia, Miami, and was blown away at her concert in Bogota which she played after finishing her European leg of her tour.    Going to a concert in Colombia is a trip in itself!   If you get the chance you have to experience it.    I flew down just for the weekend to see her perform in Bogota and it was worth every penny.    An experience of a lifetime!

If you thought Shakira and Juanes were great you are really going to get a kick out of Carlos Vives.   I have seen him perform both in New York and Miami and both times the show was fantastic.    This guy is so laid back you would have thought he just came off the beach…   very casual and comfortable, shorts, sandals the whole routine.    His music maintains the roots of his childhood being raised in Santa Marta until he moved to Bogota.     I enjoy listening to all of his albums but my favorite is “LOS CLÁSICOS DE LA PROVINCIA” his rendition of some  traditional songs by various Colombian musicians.    The best way to describe his sound is a fusion of Cumbia,  Vallenato, Rock, with a touch of Andean.    I will be attending his NYC concert along with his Atlantic City show.    Enjoy the show!!!!!!

valleydude
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Juanes, posted by MarkNJ on May 9, 2005

I am totally jealous!

You know the show was so good, that I am thinking of flying to Texas in December to catch it again. If I can catch a show in South America I will definitley do it. I am thinking of planning a trip around a concert instead of a girl now.

I got a date for Juanes in Venezuela but I will be in Peru at the time. It is tempting to change plans though. I have been to Venezuela, so I can at least be comfortable? hhhhmmmmm...

V-Dude

Avispa
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Juanes, posted by valleydude on May 8, 2005

Or he might say,
A Dios Le Pido
valleydude
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Juanes, posted by Avispa on May 8, 2005

Yeah I know, that was a joke saying it like 2 words.

Kind of like when I say, "I'm doing a Michael and Boltin'".

It's just a dumb way to "Catch ya later!"

V-Dude

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: