Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 07, 2024, 08:22:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Emergency Travel  (Read 11016 times)
DanAndChed
« on: September 08, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

I just wanted to share our experinces of the last couple weeks.

About two weeks ago Mares was told her grandfather had stopped eating and probably wouldn't live long.  Her advance paraole had expired in August, so we sent a new one in hoping her grandfather would last until it was approved.  He passed away that Sunday.  

Mares Grandfather and Grandmother mostly raised her, so it was important for her to go to the funeral, but she had no paperwork to return to the US.  Tuesday we went down to the local INS office.  They wouldn't take another application, since we already sent one and told her that she could just leave and I could forward it to her latter.  Wrong information...INS clearly states on there web page and 1-800 number that leaving before it's approved means your abandoning your application.

We called our congressman and two days latter we went back to INS, filed a new set of papers and got them approved in 1 1/2 hours.  That was just two hours before the last flight that would get her home in time for the funeral.

Miricales can happen in the US Government, if you don't give up.

Dan and Mares

Dave H
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Emergency Travel, posted by DanAndChed on Sep 8, 2001

Dan and Mares,

I am very sorry to hear about the loss of Mares' grandfather. Dan, I am happy that through your persistence, she was able to attend the funeral. I agree that when dealing with the government, you have to be persistent, not accept "no" and never give up. Your experience reinforces the fact that governmental miracles do happen.

Dave H.

Bear
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to My Condolences!, posted by Dave H on Sep 8, 2001

ny
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: